Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Factory Order

Old 02-01-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjjds14
I just factory ordered a Q8 Prestige, build date is March with delivery in May. Lead time depends on what allocations the dealer has from Audi.
Oh wow, this is very helpful news, thanks for the info. I was thinking that if I placed in my order this Saturday that would have a delivery month of April, but I guess that's not the case. Rj, how long did you put your order in until you received your build date?
Old 02-01-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Even now they are still non existent, that's why we are going the factory order route. Everything that is at dealerships now has a bunch of added on option packages that I can do without.

Btw, I can really use some knowledge transfer here as this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi. But when I spoke to Audi Brooklyn the other day the salesman told me that if it's a factory order, I would have to pick 2 accessories and that it comes with the standard price. I personally think that was a crock of ish, but again this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi and not sure if that is really a thing with them. Thanks for any knowledge you can throw my way.
I did a factory order on 10/17/18, the build date was 12/20/18. It arrived at the US port yesterday and I get it at the dealer next week. The positive thing about doing a factory order is that you get exactly what you want.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the input Oleaudi. It looks like for you from order to delivery it took about 4 months.

Yeah that's exactly why my wife and I decided to go that route. I figured the additional stuff outside of the items we really wanted were more a nice to have rather than a "yeah I really need that". Get to save on a few thousand bucks at that. Fingers crossed we can actually find the right dealer and put in an order tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered several Audi's. I've never had to order any of the overpriced port-installed options like the $125 phone cables or the like. I have ordered things like the protection packages (car mats) since I wanted to be sure that I had them on day 1 and the savings (compared with buying them from the parts counter) wasn't material relative to the cost of the car. You should be able to configure the car exactly how you want it (within the parameters of the order guide). Have your advisor enroll you in the owner in waiting program and get a copy of the order sheet. Then you can also check in periodically for updates. After your car is built, my experience has been that shipping dates can move (either way) but once you know its on a ship, you should be able to reasonably predict within a week the arrival of your car (assuming no extraordinary events such at port holds). Good luck. My Q8 was just under $79k - Prestige with cold weather package. That was it and this particular one I purchased off the lot at the end of October.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received it the day I ordered it because they had an allocation for a Q8 for that build date that was open, so they entered my order details for that allocation.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Even now they are still non existent, that's why we are going the factory order route. Everything that is at dealerships now has a bunch of added on option packages that I can do without.

Btw, I can really use some knowledge transfer here as this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi. But when I spoke to Audi Brooklyn the other day the salesman told me that if it's a factory order, I would have to pick 2 accessories and that it comes with the standard price. I personally think that was a crock of ish, but again this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi and not sure if that is really a thing with them. Thanks for any knowledge you can throw my way.
They aren't non existent

Feel free to drop me a line, I am sure I can get one for you in relatively short order. Have sold several cars to forum members, and I'm in PA

You do not have to pick any accessories
Old 02-01-2019, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mike99
I've ordered several Audi's. I've never had to order any of the overpriced port-installed options like the $125 phone cables or the like. I have ordered things like the protection packages (car mats) since I wanted to be sure that I had them on day 1 and the savings (compared with buying them from the parts counter) wasn't material relative to the cost of the car. You should be able to configure the car exactly how you want it (within the parameters of the order guide). Have your advisor enroll you in the owner in waiting program and get a copy of the order sheet. Then you can also check in periodically for updates. After your car is built, my experience has been that shipping dates can move (either way) but once you know its on a ship, you should be able to reasonably predict within a week the arrival of your car (assuming no extraordinary events such at port holds). Good luck. My Q8 was just under $79k - Prestige with cold weather package. That was it and this particular one I purchased off the lot at the end of October.
Hey Mike, thanks for that info that was very helpful. That's very cool, as I am ordering mine with the exact same specs as yours.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rjjds14
I received it the day I ordered it because they had an allocation for a Q8 for that build date that was open, so they entered my order details for that allocation.
Oh wow you got real lucky. Also excuse my lack of knowledge with terms but what do you mean by allocation?
Old 02-01-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Oh wow you got real lucky. Also excuse my lack of knowledge with terms but what do you mean by allocation?
allocation is given by Audi on a regional basis and dealer by dealer basis. It means they have a placeholder to build that model vehicle
Old 02-01-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
They aren't non existent

Feel free to drop me a line, I am sure I can get one for you in relatively short order. Have sold several cars to forum members, and I'm in PA

You do not have to pick any accessories
Appreciate it Scarguy. If things fall through this weekend with some of the dealers I've been talking to I'll gladly hit you up. Would you be able to tell me which dealership you work for in PA? (You can message me directly if you don't want that out in the public).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 Factory Order