Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or GLE 450

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.S
I’m leaning Benz as my first choice
I'm intrigued by the new inline-6 engine with EQ Boost.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Joining this thread late, but I was strongly considering a 2020 GLE 43 ( or whatever nomenclature they will use for it). Driving an A6 now, and I really want an SUV for my next car. I shopped a lot of cars: XC90, XC60, F-Pace, Range Rover Sport, and of course the AMG GLE 43, which of all of those was my favorite. (I also was lucky to be able to take a GLC 63S out for a test spin and it was incredible, but totally impractical for me.) The dealer experience at Jaguar/Volvo was as a potential customer was less than satisfactory. Land Rover just isn't the car for me, but I wanted to check out the RRS td6.

For totally subjective reasons I decided to order the Q8 sight unseen. I think the 2020 GLE will be fantastic. I'm sure I would get accustomed to the infotainment interface, but on a pure gut level I don't like the shifter shaped thing being a means of info input, as well as the gear selector being off the steering wheel. I like the exterior look of the Q8 over the GLE SUV. However, I'm in the distinct minority that loves the look of the GLE43 Coupe. Like I said, all subjective.

Looking at the bigger picture, this would be the 6th Audi in my immediate household, and the 5th from this dealership. They were able to give me what I feel is a fair deal on my current Audi in trade, and I know exactly what to expect from the dealer. I've liked all the Audis we've had before, I don't foresee any surprises with this one.

Just sayin'.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
Looking at the bigger picture, this would be the 6th Audi in my immediate household, and the 5th from this dealership. They were able to give me what I feel is a fair deal on my current Audi in trade, and I know exactly what to expect from the dealer. I've liked all the Audis we've had before, I don't foresee any surprises with this one.

Just sayin'.
When is the ETA on your car?

I test-drove a new Cayenne last night. Very nice, but $10-15k more than the Q8.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CipherKeys
When is the ETA on your car?
Dealer estimate is December - January timeframe. It was in their current allotment, but they were still able to make changes to 3 of the allotted vehicles. I'll be very surprised if I see it in December.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
Dealer estimate is December - January timeframe. It was in their current allotment, but they were still able to make changes to 3 of the allotted vehicles. I'll be very surprised if I see it in December.
If it follows Audi’s recent pattern they will stockpile dealer initial orders at Port until sufficient inventory for a release that has been rumored for November. You could get a pleasant pre Xmas surprise. They have been shipping, I saw pics of a Dragon Orange one on https://www.instagram.com/frankfurtcarspotter/ a few days ago.
The link has one with a license plate, couldn’t find the one that looked like an inventory vehicle.

Last edited by Ron.S; 10-10-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ron.S

If it follows Audi’s recent pattern they will stockpile dealer initial orders at Port until sufficient inventory for a release that has been rumored for November. You could get a pleasant pre Xmas surprise. They have been shipping, I saw pics of a Dragon Orange one on https://www.instagram.com/frankfurtcarspotter/ a few days ago.
The link has one with a license plate, couldn’t find the one that looked like an inventory vehicle.
I'm not expecting any surprises though. Over on the A6 C8 subforum, saw this regarding 2019 A6 availability (bolded italics are mine):

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Just because cars are at port means nothing....they could be delayed for months (as we have seen previously this year on multiple models). Just because an order guide is out doesn't tell us jack-beans about when we could actually buy one. Anyone that says this is normal is just kidding themselves.

My dealer has told me they are expecting delays, and they will not be delivering cars at the promised dates to their customers. Cars like the Q8 haven't even passed US certification yet...you won't be seeing anything but a demo show up on time unless something dramatically changes. Remember A4s and RS5s that sat at port for over 2 months earlier this year? "At port" doesn't indicate a delivery time.

2019 models don't have pricing yet, and they expect customers to place orders for a 2019? They have no idea what the price is, or when they would ship. NO one knows when they will go on sale. THAT'S why they are not on the web site. It's all a mess.

2018 inventory at many dealerships has dwindled down to near-zero levels, and they are in need of new inventory. My dealer only has a supply of Q5 and Q7 models. The literally have no A4s left that are not retired loaner cars with miles. There are zero A3s or Q3s on the lot. 1 A6. No A8s or A7. 1 TT. A handful of A5s. The literally have nothing to sell unless you want a Q5 or Q7. Try and tell them they don't need 2019 cars!
Old 10-14-2018, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Found these images on MBWorld

If my E43 weren't green, I would definitely get this color.