Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Q8 Keyless Entry Question/Help

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Keyless Entry Question/Help

Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q8 Keyless Entry Question/Help

I am having a sporadic problem with my driver's side door keyless entry system. I know there are sensors in each door handle to sense when you touch the lock or unlock area. Are the key fob proximity receivers/antennas colocated with the sensors in each handle, or are they located elsewhere in the vehicle. If the latter is true, how many receivers are there and what are their locations? Another question is: Where are the antennas for the receivers? I am also not sure if the sensors, proximity receivers and antennas are combined in in each door handle assembly. Also, has anyone else had this or a similar problem, and if so, how was it fixed? Just for information, all doors respond properly when pressing the key fob buttons and I never have trouble with the other three doors. I would really appreciate any guidance/help on this. It would help me troubleshoot and correct the problem.

Last edited by rjabend; 07-09-2019 at 02:26 PM.