Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Old 12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Q8 - OBDEleven

Hi, guys, copying this from the Q8 Prestige thread so as not to hijack any further. Here’s some of the changes I’ve made on my Q8. All the coding is available on search but I’ll try to post up codes when I have a chance. If anyone has the OBD tool already and wants info feel free to reply here or PM me...

- Scandinavian DRLs. The tail lights and rear light bar are on during the day (mirroring the front DRLs) and the headlight animation works in the rear during the day time everytime you unlock the car now.

- Disable amber bulbs in headlights. At night it’s just pure white now up front no amber side marker bulb. The reflector you can still see during the day though.

- Disable DRL winking when turn signals are on. Although on the Q8 with Matrix I’m not sure if the wink was ever there.

- Disable seat belt chime. The loudest chime on any production car ever is now officially MIA.

- Dim instrument cluster. Guages at night are just about perfect now.

- Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor.

- Gear Selector shows gear in D/S, similar to the display when driving in Manual mode.

- Lift gate delay when pressing remote to avoid accidental opening.

- Double flash and double chirp on Lock and Unlock.

- Low Beam stays on when High Beams are on.

- Seat Ventilation - Increase fan speeds.

- Seat heating - Increase temps (I didn’t do this one).

Did a couple other locking changes also. The Parking camera increase speed before shutting off was disabled for Q8 for some reason. That’s one of the only changes from past Audi’s I couldn’t do.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-24-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did you just use the same coding as we did on the 4M Q7 (&A4 & Q5).?
Old 12-24-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you. Do I just buy an activation code from their website and download the app? I assume it walks you through the setup or do I need any specific adapter? Im new to this. Thank you for any help

Old 12-24-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6 View Post
Did you just use the same coding as we did on the 4M Q7 (&A4 & Q5).?
Yes, I think everything is the same for the most part.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dubbrand View Post
Thank you. Do I just buy an activation code from their website and download the app? I assume it walks you through the setup or do I need any specific adapter? Im new to this. Thank you for any help
Order from Shopdap.com for $79.99 that’s everything you need. Their shipping is very fast. You also need an Android device so you can download the OBD app. Watch a couple youtube videos on setup, anyone can do it it’s easy.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default :)

Originally Posted by jrjunior31 View Post

Order from Shopdap.com for $79.99 thatís everything you need. Their shipping is very fast. You also need an Android device so you can download the OBD app. Watch a couple youtube videos on setup, anyone can do it itís easy.

About to order one then Iíll be setting up most of what you posted there. Will need to find a friend with Android as I only have iPhone, thatís a shame itís needed to set it up. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ordered

Originally Posted by jrjunior31 View Post

Order from Shopdap.com for $79.99 thatís everything you need. Their shipping is very fast. You also need an Android device so you can download the OBD app. Watch a couple youtube videos on setup, anyone can do it itís easy.

Update- itís been ordered, 2 day shipping. Iím not very hands on so I may have a few questions when it comes in.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8 View Post

About to order one then Iíll be setting up most of what you posted there. Will need to find a friend with Android as I only have iPhone, thatís a shame itís needed to set it up. Thanks for the info!
I have iphone also, I just ordered an RCA Voyager tablet from Walmart for like $42 shipped or something. Saw other people on Audiworld did the same. A friends phone will work I guess if you have some time but itís nice to have access at any time in case you want to play around with it.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

This Google Doc is a good place to start. I used a lot of these. Some donít work such as Light Scenario (this shuts off all interior lighting at night after unlock) I wouldnít bother with this. Fold Mirrors via Key Fob and Parking Assist Speed Threshold also didnít work for me. The DRL codes from this list all work however and are excellent. Thereís DAS codes also that should work, but I havenít tried them since Iím rarely on the freeway. Iíll post some other coding that this list doesnít cover as well...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.ninn336zo2h7
Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

CODINGS:

Disable Seat Belt Chime:
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • Deactivate seat belt warning
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes
  • Press and hold green check mark to save.
Dimming of Virtual Cockpit:
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_middle_dis play_main_field_high_resolution
  • Y1
  • Old value - 2
  • New Value - 0
  • Y2
  • Old value - 2
  • New value - 0
Time for opening rear lid with remote control:
Description: Create a longer press and hold on the remote to avoid accidentally releasing the rear lift gate.
  • (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Adaptation
  • Time for opening rear lid with remote control
  • Old value - 800ms
  • New Value - 1600ms
Long press lock sensors to power fold mirrors:
  • (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Long coding
  • mirror_retraction_at_comfort_close
  • Old value - not active
  • New value - active
Seat ventilation fan speed increase:
Description: You can increase the fan speeds of all three stages by a range of 1-10%. I havenít tested this much yet, but am trying an increase of 5% on Stage 2 and Stage 3 initially.
  • (09) Central Electrics
  • Adaptation
  • Seat ventilation, micro adjust
  • Stage 3
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
  • Stage 2
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
Lap Counter:
Description: Adds a Lap Counter and a Lap Statistics display to the information displayed in the Virtual Cockpit.
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Long coding
  • Lap counter
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-24-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: