Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
I have a B9 S5, so I'll be of little practical help with your Q8 I would try this, and keep in mind that it adjusts the threshold of the AC to make it more likely to keep the engine on and doesn't completely turn off auto stop/start. Since the Q8 has a 48v mild hybrid system that can power many of the cars systems without requiring the engine to be on, it's possible that this trick won't work anymore. Try it and report back!

From another poster in another thread:
1.Use OBD11 or VCDS
2. go to address 08, adaptation, AC Comfort parameter for start/stop. ("IDE03253 - A/C comfort parameter for start-stop function")
3. Stored value was 5, changed to 0.
4. This works, but only as long as the HVAC system is turned on
5. Changing position of start/stop button will not do anything
Thanks, and darn! I was hoping that someone here has already tried this

My D5 is being built so I don't have it just yet. But I will report back as it's second on my 'mod' list, right after disabling that damn seatbelt chime
Old 12-26-2018, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Does the app just auto-update when these new changes are discovered?
I don't know. They do update the app pretty regularly and there are lots of coding options with minimal or no descriptions, but I don't know if they need to add new items in the app or if the app updates just add descriptions to existing items that the app finds on its own.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Thanks, and darn! I was hoping that someone here has already tried this

My D5 is being built so I don't have it just yet. But I will report back as it's second on my 'mod' list, right after disabling that damn seatbelt chime
I tried this coding for the Auto Stop/Start:
  • Air conditioning/Module
  • Adaptation
  • A/C comfort param for start/stop function
  • Old value - 5
  • New value - 0
  • Press and hold green check mark to save.
The problem was the OBDEleven app for Q8 didn’t even have Air Conditioning/Module listed anywhere so it couldn’t be done. Perhaps the A/C comfort param setting is listed in a different module I’ll have to look around for it. I wish I could increase the speed for the Parking cameras shutting off similar to past Audis. The 3D virtual surround image of the car is highly detailed it even shows the brake lights engaging. It would be nice to increase the shut-off speed to 20 mph. When selecting the setting for camera shut-off this message pops up...

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-27-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh well. With the brand new MMI system, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of the coding instructions won't work and will need to be rediscovered. On the plus side, there may also be some new ones.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Oh well. With the brand new MMI system, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of the coding instructions won't work and will need to be rediscovered. On the plus side, there may also be some new ones.
Yes, I’m wondering if I stumbled onto a new one with the lock sensor/folding mirrors, I haven’t seen that one anywhere else. On a brighter note of codings that have worked, one that I really like (that I thought would be useless since I’m not ever going to the track) is the lap counter. It’s my new favorite screen when I’m on the guages display. I think it looks better than the other info displays...

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-27-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here’s a couple new codings I found...

Parking camera stays on until roughly 20mph:
  • (A5) Front Sensors Drivers Assistance System
  • Switch-off speed for parking assist
  • Old value - 10 km/h
  • New value - 30 km/h
Increase beep time at Lock/Unlock:
Description: Beep is longer now which makes it sound louder. The default setting is 10ms and it can be difficult to hear depending on the surroundings. The new value is 60ms and it’s a huge improvement, especially when combined with the double beep at lock/unlock coding posted upthread. I love this modification so far.
  • (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • sounder_settings
  • beeptime
  • Old value - 10_ms
  • New value - 60_ms
Unfortunately I still haven’t figured out how to disable Auto Start/Stop for the Q8 yet. The AC control unit coding for older Audis doesn’t work, and I’ve come across a few other settings that say “deactivate auto/start”, but they don’t work either.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 12-31-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Changes

I got the obd eleven and and Android device and successfully paired everything. One of the first things I noticed under apps was a steering wheel heat mod which sounds great since I my heated steering wheel heats is anything but impressive like my last few vehicles with one. However I can not make any adjustments through the app. Tried a few different heats and still can’t save them and yes, i am pressing and holding as it specificity to. I have the google doc printout from this thread and plan on doing multiple of the items listed, but pardon my ignorance, I can’t find where I need to go to get to those coding locations. Sorry, but can you plz advise. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8
I got the obd eleven and and Android device and successfully paired everything. One of the first things I noticed under apps was a steering wheel heat mod which sounds great since I my heated steering wheel heats is anything but impressive like my last few vehicles with one. However I can not make any adjustments through the app. Tried a few different heats and still can’t save them and yes, i am pressing and holding as it specificity to. I have the google doc printout from this thread and plan on doing multiple of the items listed, but pardon my ignorance, I can’t find where I need to go to get to those coding locations. Sorry, but can you plz advise. Thanks!

update. Played with it someor and turned off the annoying orange marker light and actives the Scandinavian rear DRL’s which are amazing! In the process I somehow deactivated the front DRL’s, now when I lock and unlock the car they don’t work anymore so I’ll have to figure that out tomorrow. Have so much more I want to adjust...
Old 01-03-2019, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8

update. Played with it someor and turned off the annoying orange marker light and actives the Scandinavian rear DRL’s which are amazing! In the process I somehow deactivated the front DRL’s, now when I lock and unlock the car they don’t work anymore so I’ll have to figure that out tomorrow. Have so much more I want to adjust...
Click on car on the top left menu or the image of the car and then select history. Everything you’ve changed is listed including the old values. Whatever DRL coding you changed that is NOT listed on the Google doc just change it back. I never had an issue with the front DRLs shutting off.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It could be Light Scenario or HandBrake up DRL Off. If you coded either one of those change them back. If you can’t find it PM me your history and I can prob find it for you, I’ve gone through all the control units a number of times.

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven