Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Id like to make the seat massager stay on longer and when I lock the car I like that the DRLs stay on briefly but I wish the actual headlights did not. I may be able to change that in the car settings though just havent played around with it.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Id like to make the seat massager stay on longer and when I lock the car I like that the DRLs stay on briefly but I wish the actual headlights did not. I may be able to change that in the car settings though just havent played around with it.
There’s tons of seat massage settings in OBD but I haven’t tested any of them. Most of my recent cars had settings for how long the lights stay on at shut down but the Q8 does not for some reason, unless I missed it somehow.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi all. I'm new here. I picked up a Q8 Prestige Daytona w Y1 two weeks ago, and, thanks to this inspiring thread, got my OBDEleven in the mail about 2 days later 😉. thank you.

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to use OBDeleven to activate the Matrix headlight function on US models?

I've RTF and seen that folks have activated Low beam when High beam active, but haven't found anything about the Matrix function.
​​​​​​
Do we just have to wait for the NHTSA and regulators to approve and then head back to the dealer? Hers a link on (what I believe) is current status.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/nhtsa-proposal-matrix-adaptive-led-headlights/
Old 03-24-2019, 02:48 PM
rds
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

Did anybody tried VIM tweak(app) from Q7 into Q8? I dont even know if there is possible to use q7 app on q8.
I had VIM on Q7 and it was a blast for my kid, watching cartoons from SD or DVD. I want to enabled it on Q8 but I'm little scared to run this Q7 tweak ....

Last edited by rds; 03-24-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheBeav
Hi all. I'm new here. I picked up a Q8 Prestige Daytona w Y1 two weeks ago, and, thanks to this inspiring thread, got my OBDEleven in the mail about 2 days later 😉. thank you.

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to use OBDeleven to activate the Matrix headlight function on US models?

I've RTF and seen that folks have activated Low beam when High beam active, but haven't found anything about the Matrix function.
​​​​​​
Do we just have to wait for the NHTSA and regulators to approve and then head back to the dealer? Hers a link on (what I believe) is current status.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/nhtsa-proposal-matrix-adaptive-led-headlights/
1. I don’t think it’s possible to code them from OBD.
2. From what I’ve read we have to wait for the NHTSA as you mentioned.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rds
Hello!

Did anybody tried VIM tweak(app) from Q7 into Q8? I dont even know if there is possible to use q7 app on q8.
I had VIM on Q7 and it was a blast for my kid, watching cartoons from SD or DVD. I want to enabled it on Q8 but I'm little scared to run this Q7 tweak ....
I haven’t seen anyone try this for Q8 and I didnt think it worked on the more recent Q7s but not positive on that. Can you post a link to the coding for Q7, I’ll take a look at it for Q8.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey, Im new to coding and never tried it in any of my cars, im curious if its possible to activate the light sequence/light show on the tail lights somehow? I got the normal LED headlights, But the tail lights should be same on every car as i understood?

Also wondering if u can code in the sweeping turn singnal on the mirrors and tail lights? maybe even headlights?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This is a great thread. Thanks jrjunior31 for sharing your hard work!

I have started looking for codings that change the Virtual Cockpit - Consumption Display setting to display long term consumption memory versus the stock setting of short term memory. I will keep looking, but please let me know if anyone has figured that one out yet.

One comment to share with you jrjunior31. The "Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor" is a stock setting that can be enabled in the MMI. No need for a change via ODB configuration.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
CODINGS:

Disable Seat Belt Chime:
  • (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • Deactivate seat belt warning
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes
  • Press and hold green check mark to save.
Dimming of Virtual Cockpit:

• (17) Dashboard
  • Adaptation
  • dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_middle_dis play_main_field_high_resolution
  • Y1
  • Old value - 2
  • New Value - 0
  • Y2
  • Old value - 2
  • New value - 0
Time for opening rear lid with remote control:
Description: Create a longer press and hold on the remote to avoid accidentally releasing the rear lift gate.

• (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Adaptation
  • Time for opening rear lid with remote control
  • Old value - 800ms
  • New Value - 1600ms
Long press lock sensors to power fold mirrors:

• (46) Central Module Comfort System
  • Long coding
  • mirror_retraction_at_comfort_close
  • Old value - not active
  • New value - active
Seat ventilation fan speed increase:
Description: You can increase the fan speeds of all three stages by a range of 1-10%. I haven’t tested this much yet, but am trying an increase of 5% on Stage 2 and Stage 3 initially.

• (09) Central Electrics
  • Adaptation
  • Seat ventilation, micro adjust
  • Stage 3
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
  • Stage 2
  • Old value - 0%
  • New value - 5%
Lap Counter:
Description: Adds a Lap Counter and a Lap Statistics display to the information displayed in the Virtual Cockpit.

• (17) Dashboard
  • Long coding
  • Lap counter
  • Old value - No
  • New value - Yes
Wow! Can't wait to use the factory default first and then try these codings ..

Thanks mate
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Hi, guys, copying this from the Q8 Prestige thread so as not to hijack any further. Here’s some of the changes I’ve made on my Q8. All the coding is available on search but I’ll try to post up codes when I have a chance. If anyone has the OBD tool already and wants info feel free to reply here or PM me...

- Scandinavian DRLs. The tail lights and rear light bar are on during the day (mirroring the front DRLs) and the headlight animation works in the rear during the day time everytime you unlock the car now.

- Disable amber bulbs in headlights. At night it’s just pure white now up front no amber side marker bulb. The reflector you can still see during the day though.

- Disable DRL winking when turn signals are on. Although on the Q8 with Matrix I’m not sure if the wink was ever there.

- Disable seat belt chime. The loudest chime on any production car ever is now officially MIA.

- Dim instrument cluster. Guages at night are just about perfect now.

- Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor.

- Gear Selector shows gear in D/S, similar to the display when driving in Manual mode.

- Lift gate delay when pressing remote to avoid accidental opening.

- Double flash and double chirp on Lock and Unlock.

- Low Beam stays on when High Beams are on.

- Seat Ventilation - Increase fan speeds.

- Seat heating - Increase temps (I didn’t do this one).

Did a couple other locking changes also. The Parking camera increase speed before shutting off was disabled for Q8 for some reason. That’s one of the only changes from past Audi’s I couldn’t do.

What is the Scandinavian DRL ?

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven