Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by chisox
This is a great thread. Thanks jrjunior31 for sharing your hard work!

I have started looking for codings that change the Virtual Cockpit - Consumption Display setting to display long term consumption memory versus the stock setting of short term memory. I will keep looking, but please let me know if anyone has figured that one out yet.

One comment to share with you jrjunior31. The "Fold mirrors by holding finger on lock sensor" is a stock setting that can be enabled in the MMI. No need for a change via ODB configuration.
- Consumption display will show either long or short term memory if you cycle through the Trip Odometer settings with the scroll wheel. You don’t need OBD for this.

- The mirror setting in MMI you’re referencing is Auto Fold mirrors at lock. This will fold your mirrors every single time you lock the car. But if you want to have more control over when the mirrors fold at lock you need OBDeleven. You un-check the auto fold mirrors setting in MMI and the mirrors will only fold when you specifically determine by long pressing the door sensor or the lock button on the fob.

Edit - I just realized you probably meant the Consumption display that shows the green bar moving. I don’t know how to change that to long term via OBD.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 03-26-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ziadbwz
What is the Scandinavian DRL ?
The description is in the post you quoted. It enables the rear DRLs. So with Q8 you get the tail lights and the rear light bar on all the time. It also enables day time animation of the rear lights at unlock if you have the Matrix light option. Without OBDeleven the rear light animation when unlocking only works at night. This is one of the best codings for Q8 for sure.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 777 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
The description is in the post you quoted. It enables the rear DRLs. So with Q8 you get the tail lights and the rear light bar on all the time. It also enables day time animation of the rear lights at unlock if you have the Matrix light option. Without OBDeleven the rear light animation when unlocking only works at night. This is one of the best codings for Q8 for sure.
Any concern in regards to longevity of the OLED components? (not sure if this is present on the Q8 as I have an A8)
Old 03-26-2019, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Any concern in regards to longevity of the OLED components? (not sure if this is present on the Q8 as I have an A8)
Good question but if something goes wrong could change setting back and take it in under warranty. However if you plan to keep the car more than 4-5 years it may be a concern. Most people will buy an extended warranty in this case though.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Good question but if something goes wrong could change setting back and take it in under warranty. However if you plan to keep the car more than 4-5 years it may be a concern. Most people will buy an extended warranty in this case though.
Yeah that's a fair response. The only reason (full and fair disclosure) that I brought it up is that all lights (LED and such) on the car are not covered for extended warranty (they are excluded) - at least here in Canada. So that's why I was a tad concerned!

Things may be different in the US of course
Old 03-27-2019, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Most LED bulbs last up to 50,000 hours. Doubtful there would be an issue from having them on for too long as you probably wont drive your Q8 for that amount of time
Old 03-27-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Most LED bulbs last up to 50,000 hours. Doubtful there would be an issue from having them on for too long as you probably wont drive your Q8 for that amount of time
Certainly true for LED, but OLEDs do not last as long.

https://www.yourgamecave.com/oled-vs-led-lifespan/
Old 03-27-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Certainly true for LED, but OLEDs do not last as long.

https://www.yourgamecave.com/oled-vs-led-lifespan/
Your article says OLED last 100k hours which is double the amount of time I said about LEDs

Old 03-27-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...ction=showfull

Point is dont worry about your lights being on too long
The following users liked this post:
tomsti (10-24-2023)
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribing, take delivery next week. 1st Audi..

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven