AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying the video as a small GIF. I hope it works:

The following users liked this post:
Timothy Parker (08-20-2020)
Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

It sure did work, thx for posting, that’s wild never knew about this. I have my ambient set on Individual I wonder if that’s why it doesn’t work. What are your interior ambient settings?
Old 02-12-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
It sure did work, thx for posting, that’s wild never knew about this. I have my ambient set on Individual I wonder if that’s why it doesn’t work. What are your interior ambient settings?
Great. I'm glad the gif shows up. I don't know my setting to be honest since it's the wife's car and she set them. I'll have to take a look and report back.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by McGriddle
Great. I'm glad the gif shows up. I don't know my setting to be honest since it's the wife's car and she set them. I'll have to take a look and report back.
I checked, it only works on the Drive Select ambient setting which puts the Surface and Line ambient colors to white. I use the Individual setting and have the Line on red and Surface on off white. I actually think all the lights flashing on temp change could be a little distracting when driving. Seems kind of gimmicky.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In any case nice find @McGriddle Ive never seen that on any of the videos and may have never come across that hidden feature. I almost started a similar thread and highlighted the Coverart hidden setting but then someone posted it up in a different thread.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear it works on yours as well. I guess it makes sense that it wouldn't show if the lighting is already set to red or blue since you wouldn't see it then. Sure, it's gimmicky, but overall not too distracting since it only changes on the side being set, e.g. just driver or passenger. I guess it would change both if setting temp while both sides are synced. I haven't tried that, though.

Now what's this cover art hidden setting thing? Anyway, I'd really love to find a way to actually show cover art in the VC on my B9 RS5 when in Apple Play mode.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, my heat is on Sync and it’s the whole car flashing, so one side would be the way to go. Coverart is accessed from the Radio screen. The factory setting is the radio station logo. Tap the station logo and a new screen pops up with a larger station logo. Swipe right and it will show coverart (if available). Then hit the back button and coverart will be the new default setting on the radio and the VC screens...

Old 02-12-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone notice that the rear camera on the Q8 has a small nozzle that sprays the lens to clean it? First found this on my 2018 Q5. Apparently Audi must be making it standard on new models.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Yes, my heat is on Sync and it’s the whole car flashing, so one side would be the way to go. Coverart is accessed from the Radio screen. The factory setting is the radio station logo. Tap the station logo and a new screen pops up with a larger station logo. Swipe right and it will show coverart (if available). Then hit the back button and coverart will be the new default setting on the radio and the VC screens...
That’s a great tip in the Cover Art. I’ll have to try that out for sure.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Anyone notice that the rear camera on the Q8 has a small nozzle that sprays the lens to clean it? First found this on my 2018 Q5. Apparently Audi must be making it standard on new models.
There’s also a setting in MMI for cleaning the camera I believe.

Quick Reply: Q8 quirks and little known features