Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 quirks and little known features

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Maybe similar on a lot of cars now, or maybe a VAG thing. I think my last four VAG cars have all done this.
Yea I guess I've never tried it before but spent about 5 minutes wondering why it wouldn't own sitting there pressing on it
Old 05-17-2019, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I
Here’s some...

4.) Press the “...” button on the lower display to enable the HVAC functions in the upper display. Then press and hold one of the upper functions to move it to a dedicated spot down below for one-touch access. Since I leave my heat on Sync at all times I buried the Sync button in the sub menu and replaced it with the steering wheel heat icon down below for easier access.
Not sure if you also know this, but if your climate zones ever go out of sync, you don’t even have to go back to your now hidden sync button in the sub menu... just “pinch in” on the lower screen between the driver seat and passenger seat, and voila, synced up again.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 788 Likes on 575 Posts

Here’s some...

1.) Long press the “asterisk” steering wheel button (right side) and a menu of all the possible functions pops up on the upper display. Saves the hassle of trying to hunt for it through the MMI menus.

2.) Press one of the arrow buttons on the steering wheel (left side) to disable the chime that sounds when one of your doors is open.

3.) Long press the lower left side of the map screen on MMI to make the search box disappear at the top and also launch a sub menu of parking space locators in that area. This setting actually freezes the map from moving if you drive off though. It may work when touching any part of the screen I haven’t played around with it too much.

4.) Press the “...” button on the lower display to enable the HVAC functions in the upper display. Then press and hold one of the upper functions to move it to a dedicated spot down below for one-touch access. Since I leave my heat on Sync at all times I buried the Sync button in the sub menu and replaced it with the steering wheel heat icon down below for easier access.
#3. Press and hold anywhere in the map and it will give you that feature
Old 05-19-2019, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assigned mine to the heated steering wheel, too.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all, first post!!!

Just found this on my Prestige Q8 year one! Had no idea there was a rear window sunshade.

Had no idea this thing was here

Sunshade on the rear window
Old 06-13-2019, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I didn't know that either. You have to pull it up manually though?
Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dubbrand
I didn't know that either. You have to pull it up manually though?

Yes, it is manual! I personally don't think I would ever use it...
Old 06-14-2019, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Rear Sun Shade

Just found this a couple of days ago by accident, too! I'm leaving it attached to help keep the interior cool during the hot weather.

Originally Posted by inSaini
Hi all, first post!!!

Just found this on my Prestige Q8 year one! Had no idea there was a rear window sunshade.

Had no idea this thing was here

Sunshade on the rear window
Old 06-14-2019, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Interior rear hatch '****'

If you open your rear hatch and look at the interior panel there is a round **** that turns near the bottom third of the hatch. What does that access? I can't find anything in the manual about it. Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Robert Koellisch
If you open your rear hatch and look at the interior panel there is a round **** that turns near the bottom third of the hatch. What does that access? I can't find anything in the manual about it. Thanks!!

I believe that is a umbrella holder. I tried to stick a medium sized umbrella in it and it worked.

Quick Reply: Q8 quirks and little known features