Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Q8 quirks and little known features

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 quirks and little known features

Old 06-14-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two recent surprises by me. If they are in the owner's manual I missed them.

1. Got to a part of my town where the traffic light info in tied into Audi network and gets sent to the car. Started seeing green and red lights in the dash and HUD. Additionally, they inform you how long the light will remain in that condition. Nice to be at a red light that isn't changing for 115 secs and know you can get slightly distracted changing radio stations etc without holding up others, etc.
2. Filled up the gas tank for the first time and the car "noticed" and asked if I wanted to reset the trip odometer.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Iím thinking more likely for warning triangle storage. A requirement in many countries. Not exactly handy place to get a bumper shoot when it is raining.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That makes more sense... Although I now have an umbrella in there.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found some conversation in other models. Question is which part number fits the Q8. Is it 7Lo 860 251 or 8K 086 0251?
Old 06-14-2019, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigHat This is what you're talking about with regards to the green lights. I read about this last month, cool to see it being used. Would you say it's been helpful during your drive?

Last edited by NyCAudiGuY; 06-14-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY View Post
BigHat This is what you're talking about with regards to the green lights. I read about this last month, cool to see it being used. Would you say it's been helpful during your drive?
That's the same link I discovered when I got home to research it a bit myself. It's a bit odd in the sense some streets in Arlington and Fairfax County have lights tied into the system and others a half mile away do not yet. My initial inclination is that it will be helpful. Super nice to learn that the red light you just approached is about to change vs will change in 100 secs or so. As I'm sure you read too, the expansion of features that will be available with this information coming into the car will make it even better.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Member

I have a Q8 order on the way (Prestige, YR1, Adaptive Chassis, Cold weather Pkg, Night Vision, Advanced B/O) and have been reviewing the owner's pdf manual. Has anyone found the fragrance selection feature? How do you know if you Q has it and what's the fragrance?
Old 06-18-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edharmon7 View Post
I have a Q8 order on the way (Prestige, YR1, Adaptive Chassis, Cold weather Pkg, Night Vision, Advanced B/O) and have been reviewing the owner's pdf manual. Has anyone found the fragrance selection feature? How do you know if you Q has it and what's the fragrance?

I have the same vehicle and don't believe the Q8 has this system in any trim level.

Last edited by BigHat; 06-18-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some hidden lights!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Member

Quick note on the fragrance feature in the Q8 ... an Audi USA spokesman explained all features for Audi Q8s are explained in one manual. He also said the fragrance feature is included the Luxury Package.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 quirks and little known features

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: