Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 quirks and little known features

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Luxury Package... Don't see any sign of the fragrance feature. US model.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Edharmon7
Quick note on the fragrance feature in the Q8 ... an Audi USA spokesman explained all features for Audi Q8s are explained in one manual. He also said the fragrance feature is included the Luxury Package.
Please don't tell me you expect to learn something about a car talking to someone that actually is responsible for selling them. After 45 years of buying new cars, it has been a true rarity that anyone in the dealership, etc told me something about the car that I didn't know already and quite often they have told me BS. I vividly recall a salesman that kept insisting the car we were staring at in the show room had a V-6 when it had a V-8. Sadly, it had a "V-8" emblem on the front fender too.

It's easy enough to go to the Audi Q8 page and see what the options are and what's contained in the different packages. The Q8 does not have the fragrance feature PERIOD. It's not listed in the luxury package. These are the items that are in the luxury package:
Package includes:
Light Alcantara® headliner
Dual pane glass
Individual contour seats with ventilation and front massage function
Extended leather package (center console and door armrests)
Passenger seat memory
Valcona leather
The following 2 users liked this post by BigHat:
Neurobit (11-20-2019), WausauS8 (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigHat
Please don't tell me you expect to learn something about a car talking to someone that actually is responsible for selling them. After 45 years of buying new cars, it has been a true rarity that anyone in the dealership, etc told me something about the car that I didn't know already and quite often they have told me BS. I vividly recall a salesman that kept insisting the car we were staring at in the show room had a V-6 when it had a V-8. Sadly, it had a "V-8" emblem on the front fender too.

It's easy enough to go to the Audi Q8 page and see what the options are and what's contained in the different packages. The Q8 does not have the fragrance feature PERIOD. It's not listed in the luxury package. These are the items that are in the luxury package:
Package includes:
Light Alcantara® headliner
Dual pane glass
Individual contour seats with ventilation and front massage function
Extended leather package (center console and door armrests)
Passenger seat memory
Valcona leather

For what it's worth, here's the explanation I was provided ...

... In regard to your question pertaining to the fragrance functionality of the vehicle that is included in the Luxury package which you selected with your vehicle. Audi of America only prints one owner’s manual for all Q8 models, regardless of which packages are selected by the individual owners. Therefore information for all Q8s is included in the manual. Hopefully that helps clear things up for you but please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Vincenzo Francis

Social Community Manager, Audi CXC

Audi of America, Inc.
Customer Experience
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America
Tel. +1 248 754 3316
Fax. +1 248 754 6521
mailto:vincenzo.francis@audi.com
http://www.audiusa.com

[img]blob:https://www.audiworld.com/e7f3203c-0be5-4407-8ce0-22439af7f326[/img]

Old 06-20-2019, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by inSaini
I have the Luxury Package... Don't see any sign of the fragrance feature. US model.
... not implying you didn't look at the manual, but here's what I found ... reply if you find it

[img]blob:https://www.audiworld.com/5953ed65-c032-4cd1-b352-62a76f8c5338[/img]
[img]blob:https://www.audiworld.com/2005b5ed-eee8-4bcc-a2e9-7e48abc0ecd8[/img]

Old 06-20-2019, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried posting pictures of pages 90 and 91 ... it didn't seem to work
Old 06-21-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by inSaini
found this in a google search ... I'm still a few weeks from picking up my Q. I'd like to know how yours works.

Feeling good: Four-zone automatic air conditioning and massage seats

The Audi Q8 rolls off the assembly line with two-zone automatic air conditioning as standard. Optionally available is four-zone automatic air conditioning with a particularly effective allergen and pollutant filter as well as a separate touch control unit for the rear passengers. The air quality package provides for premium air quality. It includes a fragrancing unit with subtle scents and an ionizer. With the convenience key, the doors and luggage compartment hatch can be opened and locked without actively using the key, which just has to be present. Other attractive equipment options for the Q8 include the auxiliary heater, heated windshield and the pre sense rear package with seat belt tensioners for the outside rear seats.

cut and paste in browser (pg. 17)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6FRk31l9aYlU7W

Old 06-21-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Says its only available in select markets. I did not have the option add an Air Quality Package and I had them add everything available minus towing and the DVD player.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Edharmon7
found this in a google search ... I'm still a few weeks from picking up my Q. I'd like to know how yours works.

The Audi Q8 rolls off the assembly line with two-zone automatic air conditioning as standard. Optionally available is four-zone automatic air conditioning with a particularly effective allergen and pollutant filter as well as a separate touch control unit for the rear passengers. The air quality package provides for premium air quality. It includes a fragrancing unit with subtle scents and an ionizer. With the convenience key, the doors and luggage compartment hatch can be opened and locked without actively using the key, which just has to be present. Other attractive equipment options for the Q8 include the auxiliary heater, heated windshield and the pre sense rear package with seat belt tensioners for the outside rear seats.

cut and paste in browser (pg. 17)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6FRk31l9aYlU7W
FWIW, the AudiMedia Center website describes a lot of the European models or pre-production models. I’ve found many things listed here, which are NOT applicable in the US.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

In the absence of remote start, I occasionally use the "long press on key fob" to open the windows & sun roof as I approach the car. On all my other Audis all 4 passenger door windows would roll down but I noticed the Q8 only rolled down the two fronts. Then it dawned on me that maybe the electric shade on the rears had something to do with it. Sure enough, when I retracted the shades on the rear doors - all four windows rolled down with the key fob. Somebody was "sweating the small stuff"
The following users liked this post:
Edharmon7 (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is great! So, I'm still very curious about the air quality package with fragrancing and ionizer. I haven't any comments where anyone else has mentioned it. I asked the Audi USA Social Community Manager and he did say it is included in the luxury package. Though based on what I've read seems it is associated with the four-zone automatic air conditioning system. Just wondering if this feature is only on European models? I'll find out soon.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...-audi-q8-10297 Pg. 17

I'm within a week of picking up our 2019 Q8 Prestige (Florsett Silver, YR1, Luxury Package, Black Alcantara, Design Selection Package - Sarder Brown, Adaptive Chassis, B&O 3D Advance Sound, Night Vision, Cold Weather Package, Tow Package, CD).

Audi drivers do usually sweat the small stuff!

"BEAR DOWN!"

Quick Reply: Q8 quirks and little known features