Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - Real World Fuel Economy

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Delivery miles on the Q8 should be between 12 to 20 miles. Mine was 20 miles on delivery. Enough to get gas and drive from storage to dealer.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

@rjabend Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was wondering what your odometer read when you took possession. I'm in awe of you're mpg. You are an inspiration, sir.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmanRAM
@rjabend Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was wondering what your odometer read when you took possession. I'm in awe of you're mpg. You are an inspiration, sir.
Mine had 8 miles on it at delivery. I believe break-in is important and the dealers and test drives don't necessarily follow the guidelines. I made it clear to the dealer that my car had to be untouched from the port and it came with all the protective plastic in place. I have been told that 8 or so miles is normal from the port.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Do You have the active chassis ? I found that improved the ride a lot in all settings. I also thought my test drive was a little bouncy on steel.

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

I hate the jacked up look also and run Dynamic all the time. Long highway trip I would go to comfort prob. The Dynamic suspension with 22s I’m finding a little bouncy and unsettled. I’m sure the dealer over-inflated tire pressure so I will let some air out and hope that helps some. Are you running the dealer PSI still?
Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm around 800 miles now after a month. I had about 8 miles on it when delivered.

Not sure if the 22-inch wheels is going to make a difference.

I'm getting 12-16 in city (LA area), 20-26 on freeways. I hope after few thousand miles it'll improve as many of you reported here.

Yeah imagine the shock I had coming from the Q5 TDI lol.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 3500 miles on my Q8. Lately I noticed terrible fuel mileage so I decided to drive a conservative as possible... no flooring, light acceleration...

After filling up, I calculated 16.75 MPG from my last tank on the Q8. Before, I was getting around 14mpg. This is mixed city/freeway in Auto setting and I have year one wheels. I couldn't have possibly drove it any slower and more conservative. I'm not sure if California 'Summer Blend' gas is to fault so it looks like 16.75 is the best I will ever see (FYI used Chevron gas for this test) It just bothers me as I also have a Q7 and it seems to get better mileage. I'm assuming the new turbocharging system is using more fuel.

Hope you all have better mileage.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:15 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by shugs
I have 3500 miles on my Q8. Lately I noticed terrible fuel mileage so I decided to drive a conservative as possible... no flooring, light acceleration...

After filling up, I calculated 16.75 MPG from my last tank on the Q8. Before, I was getting around 14mpg. This is mixed city/freeway in Auto setting and I have year one wheels. I couldn't have possibly drove it any slower and more conservative. I'm not sure if California 'Summer Blend' gas is to fault so it looks like 16.75 is the best I will ever see (FYI used Chevron gas for this test) It just bothers me as I also have a Q7 and it seems to get better mileage. I'm assuming the new turbocharging system is using more fuel.

Audi's way of pushing E-tron. LOL...instead of dieselgate we can call this one what?....petrolgate...fossilfuelgate...electrogate ....so many possibilities.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by shugs

Possible you got a tank of regular?

Last two trips up north had me pushing 28 mpg at 70mph with cruise control on the highway. I will fill up tomorrow and get avg mpg for this tank and post back on Monday.

Edit: Finished with a disappointing 21.8mpg on this tank.

Last edited by Elementalism; 06-02-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am at 1000 miles. Lousy mileage. Just traded my A8 with 130,000 miles on it and got 28 miles MPG. The Q8 is 19 so far mostly highway driving.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

So I just had my first road trip since I picked up my new Q8 last week. I did some testing at highway speeds for different MPH and noticed the MPG I'm getting is highly dependant on what speed your traveling at of course. Anyways these were for about 15 minutes each on flat Florida highways with ACC Standard set at 65MPH I was getting 30MPG, at 70MPH I was getting 28MPG, and at 75MPH I was getting 26MPG. My car has less that 500 miles on it so its brand new but thats what I was getting for MPG on the highway. I'll test again after a few K and see if it improves at all.

Quick Reply: Q8 - Real World Fuel Economy