Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 screen questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Q8 screen questions

hi all
loving my q8 3 days in now - 349 miles so far. Bought a prestige , luxury, sarder brown, adaptive chassis, cold weather, red calipers. Have some technology questions though. I’m a long time q7 owner (owner 8 of them prior to this). The new screen does not seem as intuitive as old mkII q7. How do you keep traffic flow (green / orange / red for the roads) on the screen? It says you can only see traffic if you have a navigation route on. Super annoying. Regarding the map:
How do you change the map settings ? It always stays as 3 miles when i would rather 1/4 mile view for more immediate road information.
Along this subject:
how do you scroll / explore through the map to see routes / traffic ? You used to be able to do this while driving with the MMI button. Now it says you can’t swipe around while driving. I like it to see upcoming road options / traffic (see original question...)

Hope this make sense? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Change the map to only zoom in and out for INTERSECTIONS. It is on the menu called "map" (once you do that you can set the normal view to 1/4 of a mile or anything YOU like and it will always return to YOUR preference) -- the issue with providing some help with the Q8 is that since the screen icons, etc, are customizable, the most you can do that is really helpful is suggest you look at the "card" that came with the car that will, usually, guide you to the correct menu,

I changed ours from INTERSECTION to ON so that the map would automatically go to 3 miles and then when I slow down or am approaching a spaghetti of choices the map starts zooming in closer and closer and closer. Mine went to 100 feet in Columbus Ohio while I was on 315 south -- great detail. Then as I moved to I71 South the map progressively zoomed to 3 miles until I came within some distance (I don't remember) of some road work that made us lose a lane. Very cool -- but just like the Q5, Q7 and even my S4, but via a touchscreen.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericlterps
hi all
loving my q8 3 days in now - 349 miles so far. Bought a prestige , luxury, sarder brown, adaptive chassis, cold weather, red calipers. Have some technology questions though. I’m a long time q7 owner (owner 8 of them prior to this). The new screen does not seem as intuitive as old mkII q7. How do you keep traffic flow (green / orange / red for the roads) on the screen? It says you can only see traffic if you have a navigation route on. Super annoying. Regarding the map:
How do you change the map settings ? It always stays as 3 miles when i would rather 1/4 mile view for more immediate road information.
Along this subject:
how do you scroll / explore through the map to see routes / traffic ? You used to be able to do this while driving with the MMI button. Now it says you can’t swipe around while driving. I like it to see upcoming road options / traffic (see original question...)

Hope this make sense? Thanks in advance.
Is sarder the only brown w/lux pkg? Are the dash and carpets black? Pics? TIA
Old 11-16-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
I have the Luxury Package in Beige. The dash is kind of a dark grey.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:18 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Dash and carpets and all trim are gray with the sarder brown. Was not what the website shows (black). Very disappointed and cancelled my order because of this misrepresentation.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f10
Dash and carpets and all trim are gray with the sarder brown. Was not what the website shows (black). Very disappointed and cancelled my order because of this misrepresentation.
I would have done the same thing. In my opinion that is not a good looking interior at all.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I looked at the Sarder Brown and thought it was too dark. I ended up with the Beige Interior where the sarder brown would have been nice on the dash. I like a dark color dash to prevent reflections on the windshield. I guess everyone has their own preferences, but Audi's seem kind of strange to me.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
I would have done the same thing. In my opinion that is not a good looking interior at all.
+1