Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah...+1 w Lucci. Seems the dealers near me all have most of their first deliveries of Q8s sitting unsold.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
I think the sales never really took off. Dealers say cars are sold or hard to get but they are sitting on the lots. I know of one dealer with a handful in an inside garage, not sure of the reasoning but if you drive onto the lot you would think they only have one.
Mine is supposed to arrive next week, I hope it looks a lot better than the couple i have seen thus far in person. It does have Year One and the nicer 22 wheels, but I have an out clause if i do not like the thing since i ordered it without having seen one in person.
I've seen them in person and as with any vehicle the ones with the nicer wheels look best. The interior is very nice but if one doesn't keep thier hands clean or have kids that touch everything the TS's will become a mess. I will be driving one on Sun and will report back with pics/vid. These vids have some nice shots:

Old 11-16-2018, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I have had mine for a week and the display does look messy when shut down, but you can't see the mess when the display is powered up. My biggest disappointment is the flawed Driver Assistance function. Other than that, it is the nicest car I have owned! Dead quiet with the double pane glass.

Last edited by rjabend; 11-16-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjabend
My biggest disappointment is the flawed Driver Assistance function. Other than that, it is the nicest car I have owned! Dead quiet with the double pane glass.
Can you explain a little more what the flaw is? Thanks
Old 11-16-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Can you explain a little more what the flaw is? Thanks
As others have noted, the lane centering sways back and forth within the lane and sometimes crosses the lane markings. It also intermittently and abruptly swerves onto an exit lane with no driver input. With the exception of lane centering/keeping, the other Driver Assistance functions seem to work reasonably well.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

As others have noted, the lane centering sways back and forth within the lane and sometimes crosses the lane markings. It also intermittently and abruptly swerves onto an exit lane with no driver input. With the exception of lane centering/keeping, the other Driver Assistance functions seem to work reasonably well.
Thanks. I was under the impression those systems were tweaked for 2019 and what you are describing has been greatly reduced/eliminated. I will have to do some more reading. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I was under the impression those systems were tweaked for 2019 and what you are describing has been greatly reduced/eliminated. I will have to do some more reading. Enjoy!
There are a lot of variables involved in the road conditions, lighting, etc. Also, this is my 1st Audi, so there may have been improvements from previous years.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

The Q8's thus far -- in the Cincinnati market (which is a small city, but with two dealers) -- sell within a few days of arrival. So, in our market, small discounts are the norm. Our dealer has NO Q8s in stock, but they are trying to get them either from AoA or from dealerships in other markets where the demand is less enthusiastic. Larger discounts will be here, I would say in a couple of months and larger still through Q1 '19. Then, perhaps, with Spring weather coming on there may be a second wave of demand which will, temporarily, slow further discounts for a period.

If you live in a market where there is plenty of inventory and you are wanting this class (personal luxury SUV) of car, get one at YOUR market's price. Sure wish the 6% discount would have been offered, but. . . such is life. My wife loves her Q8 -- she keeps repeating, "I'm in a grownup car now" (she had come from several TT's and two SQ5s). I always told her when I drove the TTs, I felt like a bug when I was on the Interstate. Frankly, the SQ5 is a fantastic car, but the Q8 is a step up from that in almost every possible way.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is an interesting article on the topic: https://goo.gl/hiwgrQ
Old 11-17-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is an interesting article on the topic: https://goo.gl/hiwgrQ
Thanks, I will check it out.

Quick Reply: Q8 Test Drive