Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or X5

Old 03-09-2019, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMW owners acting like jerks here would probably keep me away fro the brand again.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
BMW owners acting like jerks here would probably keep me away fro the brand again.
It is not only here, you should see how quite a few act on the BMW forums. I do love the X5 but have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how some of the folks who own BMW act. Probably is like that with any brand but just noticing it now.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
It is not only here, you should see how quite a few act on the BMW forums. I do love the X5 but have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how some of the folks who own BMW act. Probably is like that with any brand but just noticing it now.
And the car has something to do with your recent tug of wars over there? You wanna see some real jerks, post to some of the political forums.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
And the car has something to do with your recent tug of wars over there? You wanna see some real jerks, post to some of the political forums.
It is many reasons why, I was just making an observation. It definitely is not confined to BMW owners or any other brand. I used to do a political blog for a local paper and that just turned out to be senseless arguments, finally got tired of it.

I can see the poster's point though, really don't want to be on a brand forum and have someone from another brand come and crap in their nest.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can see the poster's point though, really don't want to be on a brand forum and have someone from another brand come and crap in their nest.
Thread is called Q8 or X5. I would expect the same if our Bimmerheads started a thread with the same title especially if folks like me have been members here since 2017.

There was recently a help-me-choose thread here titled "2020 MB GLC or Q7?". It got deleted after someone alluded to the MB's front round A/C vents looking like the posterior part of the human anatomy.

Yeah, I once monitored 4 forums by myself. Never again.

Last edited by Johnny Bench; 03-09-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
They have nothing better to do, it seems. Perhaps it is an inferiority complex, I don't know.

And this seems to be more specific to BMW owners. MB/Porsche owners generally don't post that much negativity about other brands (notwithstanding comments on the size of BMW grills )

They enjoy their cars pretty much.

I read the MB/Porsche/BMW Forums as well, but I don't troll them or make useless comments since I'm not looking to buy into their brands - for now.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
No, but it's the same mindset as politics (and probably some of the same people, too):

Anyone who does not agree with me is wrong, and I'm going to be an A$$ about it and repeatedly post my own opinions whether someone likes it not.

Which then digresses into name calling "Good example of a millennial acting out" and "you got to be crazy to accept it"

Last edited by GK12345EMAIL; 03-09-2019 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Absolutely false. The ruching in the rear seats are there by design.
Sorry, I respectfully disagree. If by design, they would be uniform. But in any case, if you feel it's acceptable, that is honestly all that matters.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
And this seems to be more specific to BMW owners. MB/Porsche owners generally don't post that much negativity about other brands (notwithstanding comments on the size of BMW grills .
You bring up a very good point that I was talking about this morning. I can't really speak to BMW owners being negative on other brands but they are tremendously negative on their own vehicles/brand. I'm also a member of a Genesis forum and neither there or here have I ever seen the negativity towards the brand/vehicle by owners as I do on the BMW forums. But the really odd thing is that the same negative people will generally say it is a great vehicle/brand and they wouldn't go anywhere else. It is really an odd situation.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
Sorry, I respectfully disagree. If by design, they would be uniform. But in any case, if you feel it's acceptable, that is honestly all that matters.

Enjoy your ride.
Thanks. We shouldn't clog up this thread with the seat discussion. But for them to not be intentional the set of circumstances that would have to come together would be so extraordinary that the odds of it happening would be near impossibility. The fact that every production X5 with leather seats has the wrinkles and every one with Sensatec does not even though they are made by the same manufacture surely points to them being put in there on purpose. They can't accidentally or through incompetence get it wrong every time with one material and correct every time with another.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 or X5