Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or X5

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Then you would be the only one in the world to have that happen to. You are on .55 and that is what you had at delivery. The latest version is 2019/3.22.

Please quite Mark, you are coming off as a bigger A** than you really are.
Ya think? I'll just have to pass that by a Genius again. He specifically mentioned the new 2019 X5. Someone's lieing.

Lots of *******s around here especially those who are control freaks quick to censor those who disagree with them and enjoin in what is called "trolling". You're accusing me of the **** you start at the Bimmer forum.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
Ya think? I'll just have to pass that by a Genius again. He specifically mentioned the new 2019 X5. Someone's lieing.

Lots of *******s around here especially those who are control freaks quick to censor those who disagree with them and enjoin in what is called "trolling". You're accusing me of the **** you start at the Bimmer forum.
Sorry you must be thinking of yourself, I have never started anything there or here, just trying to make sure everyone has accurate information. I think for the sake of this thread we should stop posting about the BMW software and you can call the Genius and realize you misheard. As told to you this morning on the BMW forum by another member, iDrive software updates are currently only done at a dealer and not OTA.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Enough of this off topic talk. I posted the 3 ways of how to update the software and OTA is one of them. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6#post24501166

This ability might be another consideration for someone still on the fence regarding a X5 or X8.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SammyH
I looked at the X5, it's actually a good car to be fair, but couldn't stomach the looks...it's hideous.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
Enough of this off topic talk. I posted the 3 ways of how to update the software and OTA is one of them. https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6#post24501166

This ability might be another consideration for someone still on the fence regarding a X5 or X8.
And your post is 100% wrong. As mentioned in my first post, the X5 has the ability to do OTA updates but none have been pushed out like that so far and there is no timetable for doing so.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Q8 had what I’m assuming was an OTA update that I installed when I first got the car. Something with Google maps. It popped up in the task bar on top of the MMI screen. Haven’t seen anything since, this was in December.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Q8 had what I’m assuming was an OTA update that I installed when I first got the car. Something with Google maps. It popped up in the task bar on top of the MMI screen. Haven’t seen anything since, this was in December.
That must just be a google maps update, which I get in the Q7 also (since I pay for that feature)

I think I have had 2-3 of those in my nearly 3 years of ownership.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Pretty pathetic to talk down about another manufacturer and then try to provoke confrontation between forums. On top of all that coming back to this forum and trying to justify his ignorance. A real winner.

Last edited by Audirings4; 03-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting discussion, I currently own a 2019 X5. There are major SW issues with the line right now including issues with the KAFAS camera (controls driver's assistance systems), Apple CarPlay problems and various electrical issues (Keyless entry intermittently working, Hill Descent Control turning on/off randomly while on the highway, etc). Some of these are endemic across the line, others are limited to our specific vehicle. We have had 15+ BMW's over the last several years and this is only the second with any major issues. It is very clear that they rushed it to market before the SW functionality was fully QA'd.

That said, it is an absolutely beautiful vehicle and drives incredibly well. The new X5 and M5 really mark a return to form for BMW and I am anxiously awaiting the new M3 release. We are considering a Q8 as a replacement vehicle for our 2019 X5 since the issues have become too much and the true SW fixes will not be available until at least May/June. I assume that we will see some early adopter issues there as well, but hopefully not as severe.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JetBlue
We are considering a Q8 as a replacement vehicle for our 2019 X5 since the issues have become too much and the true SW fixes will not be available until at least May/June. I assume that we will see some early adopter issues there as well, but hopefully not as severe.
Check with your dealer to see if they can update you. The big release (2019/3.22) came out the other week and so far people seem to be reporting that it solves many, if not all, issues. Obviously wouldn't help with the KAFAS camera since that needs to be replaced if it was part of the original lots that were defective. Good luck and hopefully they can get you taken care of.

Quick Reply: Q8 or X5