Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or X5

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
I’m sure BMW will work it out, but no doubt at these prices they should arrive near perfect

The X5 has the Q8 beat on performance, road feel through the steering wheel, and on value for money

That being said, I can’t wait for my Q8 to arrive

Yep, they'll get the bugs out. Production started in October and many have already been taken care of.

Audi Q7 is no longer the fair haired child of Consumer Reports. The new BMW X5 has been crowned King of the SUV's in the March 2019 issue stating "It's the best SUV that we've driven to date". 88 pts. is about as good as it gets coming from CR.

They must have had a granny wearing a hard hat and doing the test drive to get only 6 seconds on the 40i 0-60 mph because some have clocked it at a whopping 4.9 seconds. Best engine out there. You barely touch the throttle and you're screaming along at 85 mph. My build is in "Quality Check" status, can't wait.

Good luck with the Q8. Would have gone with a Q but the lack of console storage space is ridiculous.

Last edited by Johnny Bench; 02-07-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
There’s a thread on GO5 about the steering intervention its very dangerous, no idea how that system passed inspection. Everyone shuts it off at delivery that reads the forum, but if you don’t know about it it’s scary. Class action suit waiting to happen.
Saved this family's life. This is just unreal. READ: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1580609
Old 02-07-2019, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
Yep, they'll get the bugs out. Production started in October and many have already been taken care of.

Audi Q7 is no longer the fair haired child of Consumer Reports. The new BMW X5 has been crowned King of the SUV's in the March 2019 issue stating "It's the best SUV that we've driven to date". 88 pts. is about as good as it gets coming from CR.

They must have had a granny wearing a hard hat and doing the test drive to get only 6 seconds on the 40i 0-60 mph because some have clocked it at a whopping 4.9 seconds. Best engine out there. You barely touch the throttle and you're screaming along at 85 mph. My build is in "Quality Check" status, can't wait.

Good luck with the Q8. Would have gone with a Q but the lack of console storage space is ridiculous.
Didn't realize that people actually considered Consumer Reports to be a reliable source of information LOL...
Old 02-08-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by swedesc
Didn't realize that people actually considered Consumer Reports to be a reliable source of information LOL...
Translation - "this is not what I wanted to hear".

Been my Go To guide for decades especially when it comes to a vehicle's reliability track record. Best engine on the road too, AND, no turbo lag.

I guess you are ignorant that over 500,000 owners are the ones that make up the honest and factual reliability reports and records of all makes and brands. For example, I checked on the Porsche Cayenne since we were discussing it in another forum.

Last edited by Johnny Bench; 02-08-2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with Johnny, CR is a great source of reliability info but not the only one. JD Power has some objective data also but it’s not always free and available. I tend to use CR as one source and Auto Mags and YouTube for early reviews and pictures. Too many reviews are done by Magazines or others with financial ties from advertising that don’t make them objective. Personally I like these Forums to get user feedback and nothing beats a test drive or two. Reliability is what we have to live with after the “new” wears off.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Translation - "this is not what I wanted to hear".

Been my Go To guide for decades especially when it comes to a vehicle's reliability track record. Best engine on the road too, AND, no turbo lag.

I guess you are ignorant that over 500,000 owners are the ones that make up the honest and factual reliability reports and records of all makes and brands. For example, I checked on the Porsche Cayenne since we were discussing it in another forum.
Actually I do think the X5 is better than the Q7. It has better acceleration and power, better handling, interior, exterior imo and more features than our Q7 or the Q8. I'm not really an Audi fanboy so I couldn't care less. However, I stand by my opinion that CR often can't be trusted for reliable, unbiased information.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

. However, I stand by my opinion that CR often can't be trusted for reliable, unbiased information.
Why do you say that? I think they are regarding as one of, if not the most, respected and comprehensive testing organizations. They have some opinions/political positions I don't always agree with but haven't found them to be lacking in integrity.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Why do you say that? I think they are regarding as one of, if not the most, respected and comprehensive testing organizations. They have some opinions/political positions I don't always agree with but haven't found them to be lacking in integrity.
I just remember picking up a magazine from them 4-5 years ago and looking at a comparison of many different cars and finding a lot of false info or incorrect statements in which the cars were then deducted points even though CR was wrong. I did further research online and found many people saying they had a history of bias so I haven't read, looked, watch or listened to anything they've put out since.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did further research online and found many people saying they had a history of bias so I haven't read, looked, watch or listened to anything they've put out since.
And just how many people are they? Their King of the SUV "bias" changed from the Q7 to the BMW X5. As recent as last year they couldn't say enough good things about the Q7. So, there is no bias there and it changes from brand to brand, make to make depending on what comes out.

For starts there are way too many products to review so many aren't considered. I am one of those folks that has spent hours reviewing my cars, appliances and such in one of their 20 page CR owner questioniares. The vehicle reviews are owner reviews and have never let me down in my 40 years of car buying.

Some of the other product reviews, yes, many I disagree with. Much of it is subjective. Long term reliability, a track record, is all I care about. My test drives tell me the rest.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:04 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

88 is impressive, not as impressive as the 90 (which is really as good as it gets from CR) the Q7 scored two years in a row but that's old news and the X5 is now the King.. But since you brought up CR lets report what the Q7 received this year, a horrible 87 only one point behind the newer X5, oh and CR had this to say about the Q7 again; "Audi's Luxury three - row SUV is an impressive vehicle and among the best we've ever tested"..

Not to shabby for a vehicle whose platform is already several years older than the brand new X5..

What I don't understand is that I remember back in May 2017 when I first got the Q7 you posting about trying decide between the Q7, MDX and I believe something else.. Then you determined after a long test drive that the Q7 doesn't have enough storage space for your needs, and if I recall correctly at the time you were going to purchase an MDX.

That was almost two years ago and you're still carrying on about Audi's, this time the Q8 due to it's lack of storage space.. So if you have no use for Audi's, and have supposedly moved on what is your obsession with continually coming on here and bashing them??

If you don't like Audi's that's fine, to each his own. But seriously, almost two years and you're still at it, don't you have better things to do with your time like drive your "king of SUV's" X5 and pack up it's storage cubbies??

Last edited by JT4; 03-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Q8 or X5