AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Q8's Continue To Build Up In Local Dealer Inventories (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/q8s-continue-build-up-local-dealer-inventories-2964702/)

RJC 1 12-29-2018 10:22 AM

Q8's Continue To Build Up In Local Dealer Inventories

I have continued to notice many of our local S FL dealer inventories of Q8's are really starting to pile up with an average of 15-30+ unsold per dealer and have again been told they are not selling well....the hype is fading and the no discount stuff will soon be a distant memory even on YR-1's as we move forward in 2019.

CipherKeys 12-29-2018 11:54 AM

Who cares? You can already get G05 X5s for invoice in my area.

RJC 1 12-29-2018 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by CipherKeys (Post 25254403)
Who cares? You can already get G05 X5s for invoice in my area.

Who Cares? People looking into buying one, that's who!

CipherKeys 12-29-2018 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25254404)
Who Cares? People looking into buying one, that's who!

Maybe this will push Audi to start offering some competitive lease deals on the Q8 ;)

RJC 1 12-29-2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by CipherKeys (Post 25254405)
Maybe this will push Audi to start offering some competitive lease deals on the Q8 ;)

I think the Q8 will be a sales flop, so they better do something and in a big way.

CipherKeys 12-29-2018 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25254407)
I think the Q8 will be a sales flop, so they better do something and in a big way.

Again, who cares if it is a sales flop? No one is expecting this car to outsell the Q5 or Q7.

It's a niche product, just like the GLE Coupe or X6. Neither of those cars sell for MSRP or garner long waiting lists.

RJC 1 12-29-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by CipherKeys (Post 25254410)
Again, who cares if it is a sales flop? No one is expecting this car to outsell the Q5 or Q7.

It's a niche product, just like the GLE Coupe or X6. Neither of those cars sell for MSRP or garner long waiting lists.

Again, for people who are looking to buy one, that's who!
I agree it's a niche product , been trying to get that point across on this forum, but many are cross shopping it with non-niche suvs like the X5 or Q7...

SCarGuy 12-29-2018 01:08 PM

Inventory is building because the bulk of the vehicles that were ordered for inventory, are now starting to arrive. Inventory was relatively sparse heretofor.

Discount or no discount is up to the dealer. If they want to hold to MSRP, and don't need the units moving yet to hit their targets, then, that's a business decision.

I'm in the mid atlantic, they have done well for us thusfar, and I'm at a relatively small store, especially compared to stores in So Florida.

RJC 1 12-29-2018 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25254479)
Inventory is building because the bulk of the vehicles that were ordered for inventory, are now starting to arrive. Inventory was relatively sparse heretofor.

Discount or no discount is up to the dealer. If they want to hold to MSRP, and don't need the units moving yet to hit their targets, then, that's a business decision.

I'm in the mid atlantic, they have done well for us thusfar, and I'm at a relatively small store, especially compared to stores in So Florida.

Problem is according to my local dealers is they arent even selling what they have, and what get (unless it's a YR1), they all seem to fear the Q8 is not/will not do well.

SCarGuy 12-29-2018 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25254483)
Problem is according to my local dealers is they arent even selling what they have, and what get (unless it's a YR1), they all seem to fear the Q8 is not/will not do well.

Then it sounds like they are not properly setting the expectation to the customer, not discounting them, or both. Or that region doesn't want it yet, or a combination of things. These things happen.