Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Sarder Brown FYI

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Besides the Q5, there aren't really any 18s around. At least not in my area.
I would imagine by now that should be the case. I'm in S FL and today our dealer has several 18 Q7's but there were many more just a few weeks back.
EDIT: just checked thier website...shows they have 24 '18 Q7's.

Last edited by RJC 1; 11-18-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Yeah, it seems whomever is in charge of the AudiUSA site really has taken an extended vacation. There are lot of issues right now. Build config is still for tons of 2018 models (of which none are truly orderable) and then the 2019 build configs have errors like this Sarder Brown mess for the Q8 and the A7 is missing many options when you try and build. I am sure many other models with issues as well. I really do not get their mindset with all of this heading towards the end of the model year.
My connection with Audi began late in 2017, and their website is essentially unchanged since then with the exception of the mis-configured A7, A8 and Q8, and minor updates. Still no 2019 A3, A4, A5, S5, S6, TT, TTS, Q3, Q5, or Q7 as we approach the real CY 2019 - the end of MY 2018 happened some time back. It's as if Audi USA doesn't expect anyone to use their website to configure a car. And there are available 2019 Q7s right now. I'd be wondering, if I were in the market, how good their technology and support really is if they can't seem to find a web developer to update their web site. BMW, RR, MB, and even Ford and Chevy seem to be aware of what year it is....

Last edited by Doc H; 11-19-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I can't figure out why Audi "forced" its dealer body to update the dealership infrastructure to reflect Audi Sport and many of the dealers can't get product. My dealer has had maybe three RS5's, maybe 9 RS3's a handful of R8s and they usually have some S cars -- S3's mainly. I asked if this was an "affordability" issue and the answer was NOPE, it's an "availability" issue. The dealers were forced to upgrade and those who did were promised MORE PRODUCT availability. So far it hasn't materialized. 6 Q8's in 6 sold within days -- none coming (that aren't presold) for 8 -10 weeks. The Q8 -- here -- is the "it" car. Also lots of lookers for an RS5 SB -- nada.

One new A7 in stock -- and it is a fully loaded A7 Prestige, even in the current economy the MSRP's of these cars will give people pause. My own pleading with people to order cars and not buy them "off the lot" seems to fall on deaf ears. No one wants to hear 10+ weeks. Granted, this time, my wife and I bought "off the lot," but this has been a purple squirrel for us (almost kismet). Our MO is ordering and waiting, not instant gratification. Only due to the fact that my wife loves a black car, and the cold weather package + First Year package did we make an exception to our "rule" about ordering and waiting. For me it was wanting to make sure the thing had Driver assistance. The thing is, all the stars aligned.

When we went back in for our second "delivery," last Saturday, we had to lock our Q8 there were so many lookers who wanted to test drive it. Seems a bit odd that the hot car is also the "can't get car." But the dealership is beautiful with all the big red Audi Sport POS materials on the floor. Even the Quattro Cafe is nice. But people want to see and touch and drive the cars, not just look at brochures and nice marketing bits.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 11-19-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Audi/VAG is still working through some tougher times after the multi billion dollar settlement(s)...they will get it together again in due time (Audi: just don't take too long).
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Back on topic, I saw sarder in the new S7 and its dash/trim appeared (inside showroom) to black or very dark gray.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to check out the Sarder Brown in person and now am pretty torn between it and a black interior. Although the plastic trim pieces are gray it all works together really well. The car I looked at also had the lunar silver headliner.

The gray open pore wood and gray piping on the seats look really nice.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I love it. I did order the black headliner and am happy i did after seeing it.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic from a dealer

I can confirm it looks great in person.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Can anyone with Sarder brown leather and the black alcantara headliner tell me what color the alcantara is in the the door panel? In some pictures it looks gray and in others it looks black. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I’m thrilled with the Sarder brown. My only regret is that I did the black headliner. I would recommend the silver. Also, I wish the buttons on the steering wheel were gray. The black buttons look out of place.

All that said, if I was ordering today, I’d definitely go with Sarder again.

Quick Reply: Sarder Brown FYI