Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Subscription services

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Subscription services

If I decide to not continue to pay for any services that are free for 6 months what stops working ?

its totally unclear and even the dealers are no help

they have no info on cost either. What is the cost on the subscriptions.

What’s in each of the following and what’s the cost after 6 months

care
Prime
plus

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jsf721; 04-16-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
If I decide to not continue to pay for any services that are free for 6 months what stops working ?

its totally unclear and even the dealers are no help

they have no info on cost either. What is the cost on the subscriptions.

What’s in each of the following and what’s the cost after 6 months

care
Prime
plus

Thanks in advance.
I think this is the information you're looking for https://www.audicincinnatieast.com/a...nect-guide.htm
Old 04-17-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Google Earth goes away. But will the Virtual Cockpit still display the navigation system in its most basic form?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Elementalism
Google Earth goes away. But will the Virtual Cockpit still display the navigation system in its most basic form?
Yes, it will.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Yes, it will.
Thank you.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully not off the original question, but between

Option 2: Connect Prime
Option 3: Connect Plus

It looks like option 3 is not cumulative with option 2. So it looks like to get all the "features", you need to pay $199 every six months for the service, but if you want to be on 4G which you need anyway to get the option 2 stuff to work, you would have to also pay $20/month for the 4G that comes with Option 3. Am I getting this right?

Also do you miss things when you don't continue to get these services? Sure it depends on the person but I don't want to spend $500 to maintain my old car let alone spending $400 a year plus 4G costs to use Google Earth.

Thanks.

JR
Old 04-25-2019, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how can you not know? its not the dealers fault. thats what myaudiconnect is for.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Audi Connect is also expiring in a month. I’ve looked at the list and can’t find $400 a year worth of value in Connect PRIME.

Other than Google maps and vehicle locate on the app, I don’t see anything else that really has value.

For those of you that pay the annual fee, what compelling feature made you decide to buy it?
Old 05-17-2019, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect

lays out all the packages, their cost, what comes with what per model. If your dealer can't answer this, find a different dealer, they are clearly not worth doing business with. None of this stuff is confusing and a dealers job is to know these things.

why did I get ConnectPrime?

the satellite view, the ability to send nav destinations from my phone to the car and the geofencing - I do the 18 month subscription

I did not opt for the data plan, as I have no use for it. Some clients do, who spend a majority of time in their car, and need a secured network to communicate to their office/clients, etc through
Old 05-17-2019, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carguyrob
My Audi Connect is also expiring in a month. I’ve looked at the list and can’t find $400 a year worth of value in Connect PRIME.

Other than Google maps and vehicle locate on the app, I don’t see anything else that really has value.

For those of you that pay the annual fee, what compelling feature made you decide to buy it?
I completely agree with you. The services are overpriced and just duplicate what is available on my phone
I also resent the fact that the sim cards are no longer removable. On my 2014 I could install another sim (Truphone) and get service on an economical pay as you go basis
Audi Connect contacted me for renewal last week when my trial expired - I told them just what I said above and would not be renewing.

Quick Reply: Subscription services