Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Are these Q8 problems universal in US?

Old 01-02-2019, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these Q8 problems universal in US?

I bought a Prestige (samurai gray, black interior, luxury package, adaptive air suspension) a week ago. Overall I am really enjoying it. I would buy it again. I say this so that it is clear (I have appreciated reading the comments within this forum) that I am not seeking to undermine the Q8. With this is mind will list, after the "problems" below, what I like most but I am taking it to the dealer on Friday and want to see if the following are inherent within the system or peculiarities of my Q8.

1. Sound system starts up immediately upon starting the car even when it was not on when I powered off. I have read the other thread on this but thought it might be buried a bit and want to know if all Q8's are doing this. It is not a big deal. Just odd
2. Lane keep ping pongs car between lane lines. Again, I know it was addressed in an earlier thread but now that there may be more participants in the forum I thought worth checking. I had hoped the dealer would say "no worries, bring it in and we can make some adjustments (as in other thread)" rather than "we will need to take if for a ride to see if their a really a problem".
3. Start/stop is abrupt. Lurches (shudder at stop). I shut if off. If I forget it reminds me when it engages and I worry that I have just been rear-ended.
4. Passenger window edge has flaw (sorta like a chip on the edge but not quite as dramatic as that sounds). Possibly can be repaired but probably I need to have them put in a new one. Makes me nervous about what new problems will be created if they removed the door panel. Is a frameless glass window edge known to be problematic?
5. The Audi MMI voice recognition is laughable (like Get Smart "cone of silence"). Often misunderstand and when does understand it can't find major businesses that have been in the community (San Diego) for years. I know I can use CarPlay but would miss the HUD.

Positives

1. The looks
2. Air suspension
3 Power is fine. ( If it went any faster I could be fooled into pushing it like a sports car and, well, the brakes still have to bring a large vehicle to a halt)
4. HUD (I thought it was silly but now that I have it I think it is great)
5 All of the driver aids (started out like a snob and disabled most but subsequently put them on the most "intrusive" and so far glad to have the help.
6. The rear wheel steering is amazing! It is a big vehicle but when I take a corner it's surreal.
7. I get exercise by cleaning my fingerprints of the screens. During the day the interior looks nice. At night it looks fantastic.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sdbr
I bought a Prestige (samurai gray, black interior, luxury package, adaptive air suspension) a week ago. Overall I am really enjoying it. I would buy it again. I say this so that it is clear (I have appreciated reading the comments within this forum) that I am not seeking to undermine the Q8. With this is mind will list, after the "problems" below, what I like most but I am taking it to the dealer on Friday and want to see if the following are inherent within the system or peculiarities of my Q8.

1. Sound system starts up immediately upon starting the car even when it was not on when I powered off. I have read the other thread on this but thought it might be buried a bit and want to know if all Q8's are doing this. It is not a big deal. Just odd
2. Lane keep ping pongs car between lane lines. Again, I know it was addressed in an earlier thread but now that there may be more participants in the forum I thought worth checking. I had hoped the dealer would say "no worries, bring it in and we can make some adjustments (as in other thread)" rather than "we will need to take if for a ride to see if their a really a problem".
3. Start/stop is abrupt. Lurches (shudder at stop). I shut if off. If I forget it reminds me when it engages and I worry that I have just been rear-ended.
4. Passenger window edge has flaw (sorta like a chip on the edge but not quite as dramatic as that sounds). Possibly can be repaired but probably I need to have them put in a new one. Makes me nervous about what new problems will be created if they removed the door panel. Is a frameless glass window edge known to be problematic?
5. The Audi MMI voice recognition is laughable (like Get Smart "cone of silence"). Often misunderstand and when does understand it can't find major businesses that have been in the community (San Diego) for years. I know I can use CarPlay but would miss the HUD.

Positives

1. The looks
2. Air suspension
3 Power is fine. ( If it went any faster I could be fooled into pushing it like a sports car and, well, the brakes still have to bring a large vehicle to a halt)
4. HUD (I thought it was silly but now that I have it I think it is great)
5 All of the driver aids (started out like a snob and disabled most but subsequently put them on the most "intrusive" and so far glad to have the help.
6. The rear wheel steering is amazing! It is a big vehicle but when I take a corner it's surreal.
7. I get exercise by cleaning my fingerprints of the screens. During the day the interior looks nice. At night it looks fantastic.
LOL
Old 01-02-2019, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Regarding the MMI Navigation, it sent me to the wrong address twice for local businesses as well.