Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Traffic information online?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traffic information online?

Got my car yesterday, will post few pics tomorrow
I have not seen colour coded info on traffic when I set destination, checked in my.audi.com as well, and somehow traffic information online function in audi connect shown as disabled in the car. Where can I enable it, could not find any resembling function in the menu?

Last edited by boshiku; 02-07-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by boshiku
I have not seen colour coded info on traffic when I set destination, checked in my.audi.com as well, and somehow traffic information online function in audi connect shown as disabled in the car. Where can I enable it, could not find any resembling function in the menu?
Its part of Audi Connect 6-month trial. Are you all signed up for that through your dealer? Is Google Earth working? You may still be on demo mode from the dealer which expires after 2-3 days and then you need to sign up for Connect.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

Its part of Audi Connect 6-month trial. Are you all signed up for that through your dealer? Is Google Earth working? You may still be on demo mode from the dealer which expires after 2-3 days and then you need to sign up for Connect.

Speaking of Audi Connect: I received an e-mail from Audi yesterday reminding me that my 6 mo trial is up in May. They "generously" offered me 6 months at $199 or 18 mos at $499.
Isn't that swell of them?
As far as I can see, the only thing I really would miss is Google Earth - and that is sure not worth that kind of money.

I am really pissed that they took the removable sim card away! In my old A6 I used Truphone and got wonderful service for a fraction of the cost
But I will definitely not subscribe to their highway robbery rates.

P.S. I own an A7, but there is NO activity on that board whatsoever. So, since the A7 and Q8 are similar in all systems except for size and shape, I am going to post on this board for a while - if its OK with you guys!

Last edited by Alphatero; 02-08-2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am not sure I have 6 month trial, my.audi shows I have all functions enabled for 4 years, until 2023. Everything else other that traffic info works. Can you check in 5f Adaptations what is the number you have for tmc?
Old 02-08-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is snapshot of my.audi page

Old 02-08-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Canada is different from the US - you guys get a longer complimentary term, but you don't get all the features that other regions get.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Canada is different from the US - you guys get a longer complimentary term, but you don't get all the features that other regions get.
The feature is listed online as disabled in the car, dealer says it is included in my connect package
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Alphatero
Speaking of Audi Connect: I received an e-mail from Audi yesterday reminding me that my 6 mo trial is up in May. They "generously" offered me 6 months at $199 or 18 mos at $499.
Isn't that swell of them?
As far as I can see, the only thing I really would miss is Google Earth - and that is sure not worth that kind of money.

I am really pissed that they took the removable sim card away! In my old A6 I used Truphone and got wonderful service for a fraction of the cost
But I will definitely not subscribe to their highway robbery rates.

P.S. I own an A7, but there is NO activity on that board whatsoever. So, since the A7 and Q8 are similar in all systems except for size and shape, I am going to post on this board for a while - if its OK with you guys!
So $28/month for the 18 months that is robbery. I only use the Google Earth and the internet radio. Remote functions are worthless. Lock/Unlock I tried once and the app crashed and left the doors unlocked. The Google maps look so much better though, one of my favorite features on the car.

I look on A7 and A8 sometimes, both are ghost towns. Q8 traffic picking up a little now as more people have taken deliveries. The more the merrier, welcome to the club!

Last edited by jrjunior31; 02-08-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am not sure I have 6 month trial, my.audi shows I have all functions enabled for 4 years, until 2023. Everything else other that traffic info works. Can you check in 5f Adaptations what is the number you have for tmc?
Ill look in OBDeleven for you next time I plug in the car.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Lock/Unlock I tried once and the app crashed and left the doors unlocked.
That was probably with the MMI Connect app, which had the exact problem for a while. The new MyAudi app should work fine for remote lock/unlock.

Quick Reply: Traffic information online?