Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Unexpected engineering menu

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Unexpected engineering menu

Old 05-09-2019, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unexpected engineering menu

Was driving on errands today, when all of sudden MMI went blank, and VC informed that is it switched off. Turned it back on only to be greeted by engineering menu. Since I was driving, I just chose reboot to normal mode, but from what I remember, not too many useful menu items - software update, user info backup, factory reset, and 1-2 more entries, none of which I thought could be interesting. At the moment of shutdown, mmi was running android auto and I was adjusting vent direction just above the main screen, might have touched it somehow. Should have taken picture of menu, may be next time it happens. Was not able to replicate it again, not yet anyway.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised. I have access to all of the in depth manuals for almost every single system for the A8 meant for technicians straight from Audi. I went through the MMI system in great depth and there is absolutely no reference to this engineering menu. If you can repro this please share a screenshot. Many of us are dying to get at this!