Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Volume difference between Media and Radio

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Volume difference between Media and Radio

Old 01-15-2019, 04:10 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cbl1 View Post
Is it adjustable in OBD11?
Yes.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f10 View Post
I saw input gains somewhere in OBD11 that showed most of the media gains at -134db vs 34db for sat and radio.
Do you remember which control unit? My internet radio volume needs to be turned up. At half volume I can barely hear it and at full volume itís not even that loud. However Sirius would blow the speakers at max volume it seems.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f10 View Post
I saw input gains somewhere in OBD11 that showed most of the media gains at -134db vs 34db for sat and radio.
I found some Audio settings in OBDeleven under (5F) Information Control Unit/Adaptation/Audio Management Input Gain Generation 2.

Most sources are set to -128, but satellite is set to 17. Since satellite seems to be the loudest I changed Media_BTDevice from -128 to 17. It didnít increase the volume on wireless Carplay. I disabled Carplay and tested MMI but I may have been plugged in, I need to test it further but I donít think it worked. I changed a couple sources to 17 and the Internet Radio got louder but it could be temporary Iíve had that source change volume outputs in the past itís weird. Iíll tinker around more with the settings when I have time. Hereís a pic of a bunch of the Audio inputs from OBD. If anyone has any knowledge regarding these (or what they need to be recalibrated to) please advise...

Last edited by jrjunior31; 01-15-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great info! Keep us up to date on what you find.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Picked mine up today and very happy to see this thread! Nearly blew me out of the car when I first switched from bluetooth to Sirius or a phone call. Dangerously loud. There must be a setting that can be changed, but I can't imagine how this could get by final QC...

Otherwise, I am mostly loving the car!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkendallw View Post
Picked mine up today and very happy to see this thread! Nearly blew me out of the car when I first switched from bluetooth to Sirius or a phone call. Dangerously loud. There must be a setting that can be changed, but I can't imagine how this could get by final QC...

Just adjusted a few more settings in OBD to supposedly match the Satellite volume of 17. I still can’t get the Bluetooth audio volume to increase. Next time I plug in the car I may just change every single setting to 17. There’s a bunch of them on -128 still. The internet radio I seemed to have improved but the wireless carplay spotify audio is a joke.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gkendallw View Post

Pics and observations please!
Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Volume difference

Originally Posted by cbl1 View Post
Anyone else see a major difference in volume levels between media and radio - or is there a setting I'm missing to adjust levels.

When listening to Media (via phone or via SD card) I have to turn the volume up a good bit.

When I return to radio - its extremely loud.

Anyone else dealt with this and is there a workaround I'm not seeing (do any of the sound settings apply to media vs. radio separately).

definitely !!! What the dealer just told me is it depends on the volume your have your phone at. So increase volume on your phone. I havenít tried yet but it blew my ears out a couple of times switching from media to radio
Old 01-28-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Buddy girl View Post

definitely !!! What the dealer just told me is it depends on the volume your have your phone at. So increase volume on your phone. I havenít tried yet but it blew my ears out a couple of times switching from media to radio
It has nothing to do with that unfortunately. It seems to be a Carplay issue. The MMI bluetooth streaming is louder than Carplay bluetooth. The Carplay input is way too low.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea that was an incorrect answer from dealer. It doesnít explain having an sd card in the media slot and it playing low as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Volume difference between Media and Radio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: