Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Volume difference between Media and Radio

Old 04-19-2019, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome, did you show them or were they able to duplicate it?

What did they say?

Originally Posted by cbl1
I reported to my dealer before here
Old 04-19-2019, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They said they were reporting it to Audi.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great, if you get a fix, can you fill us in please.

Originally Posted by cbl1
They said they were reporting it to Audi.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

The problem has existed for years across several models. Audi is aware of it. They don’t seem to have a fix.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can you tell me:

How bad is it? I use the phone through Bluetooth and listen to the radio all day (18K) per year. Getting blown away everytime I get a call and go back to music is unacceptable. I'm on LI too on the south shore in Nassau. I would love to buy you breakfast or a cup of coffee and see it for myself.

Originally Posted by KevinGary
The problem has existed for years across several models. Audi is aware of it. They don’t seem to have a fix.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jsf721
Can you tell me:

How bad is it? I use the phone through Bluetooth and listen to the radio all day (18K) per year. Getting blown away everytime I get a call and go back to music is unacceptable. I'm on LI too on the south shore in Nassau. I would love to buy you breakfast or a cup of coffee and see it for myself.
Tough weekend with Easter. I listen to the radio at a volume of 6. I listen to items played through my phone at a volume of 12. My perceived volume is the same to my ears. I have the phone volume turned all the way up, so that is not the problem. I have brought it to the attention of my service advisor who basically shrugs.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

My apologies. I totally forgot. I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

So when the phone is set to a comfortable volume and the call ends and you go to the radio is the radio uncomfortably loud ?

i did not see numbers on the volume gauge. Just a line across witn a plus and minus.

Tough weekend with Easter. I listen to the radio at a volume of 6. I listen to items played through my phone at a volume of 12. My perceived volume is the same to my ears. I have the phone volume turned all the way up, so that is not the problem. I have brought it to the attention of my service advisor who basically shrugs.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jsf721
My apologies. I totally forgot. I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

So when the phone is set to a comfortable volume and the call ends and you go to the radio is the radio uncomfortably loud ?

i did not see numbers on the volume gauge. Just a line across witn a plus and minus.
the radio is not uncomfortably loud when the call ends. But it is certainly noticeable. I just turn it down.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

After taking the car out for a long drive this weekend, I definitely tested out the calls and radio and android auto. I can't say I had an issue with the difference in volume level. Went between each and didn't encounter a moment in where I was worried my ears would be blown out. Hopefully, I'm just lucky. If you guys want to tell me how it should be tested, I can try it out.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

the radio is not uncomfortably loud when the call ends. But it is certainly noticeable. I just turn it down.
This is basically what I’ve noticed. I think I’m used to turning the volume down between sources from past vehicles maybe. I haven’t had any major issues with it on the Q8.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Volume difference between Media and Radio