Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

What percentage off msrp is common for q8 right now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
what does happen is the dealer can be charged back all the incentives if paid before 6 months at most dealers (3 at others, depends on volume). So, it’s a good way to say “screw you” to the dealer, should you choose to do so
I had not heard of that, funny thing in my case, i had pre-traded my 18 Q7 so by the time i got the Q8 i was not even thinking owner loyalty. The Sales manager called me 2 days before i was to pick up the car, I had made the arrangements with him so he knew i was not taking a loan, that i don't like to have liens on my cars. He is the one that told me that if i wanted to finance i could save another 1000 and he brought up paying it off when the 1st payment came due. Then I asked if there was a pre-payment penalty [which I knew is not legal in WI] but i asked to see what he said and he did say no. So he encouraged me to take the loan, get the 1000 credit and pay it off.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
I had not heard of that, funny thing in my case, i had pre-traded my 18 Q7 so by the time i got the Q8 i was not even thinking owner loyalty. The Sales manager called me 2 days before i was to pick up the car, I had made the arrangements with him so he knew i was not taking a loan, that i don't like to have liens on my cars. He is the one that told me that if i wanted to finance i could save another 1000 and he brought up paying it off when the 1st payment came due. Then I asked if there was a pre-payment penalty [which I knew is not legal in WI] but i asked to see what he said and he did say no. So he encouraged me to take the loan, get the 1000 credit and pay it off.
My read of it is if the incentive is ownership loyalty I think that is a subsidy from Audi USA and should not affect the dealership
Old 12-14-2018, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah

My read of it is if the incentive is ownership loyalty I think that is a subsidy from Audi USA and should not affect the dealership
That coincides with my experience. They had the car sold to me for what sounds to be, comparatively, a pretty steep discount. Can't imagine him calling to tell me to do something that was going to cut into his margin even more. Now he says that he would not make my deal again.His original allotment was not sold out so he changed an already placed order for me to get mine. Then some of the original stuff sat on the lot so he might have been thinking that the demand was going to be low. He has since indicated that he has found the sweet-spot/s to moving them quickly: Anything with Year One or generally those at the lower end of the MSRP range.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Just ordered a Q8 today

Originally Posted by Bryan Meyerovich
package irrespective, what percentage off msrp are people seeing on q8s currently?
I ordered Year One, Prestige, Luxury Package, Adaptive Chassis and Cold Weather package- total MSRP was $90,900. I am paying 84,800 for it. About a 6% discount. This is in Montgomery, AL. Replacing a Range Rover TD6. I've only had a Q5 in the Audi brand before (and greatly disliked that car- not enough room). But the styling and tech on the new Q8 sold me on trying Audi again. I am slightly worried about the acceleration with the Q8 (have not test drove one yet). But the RR TD6 was so bad- anything will be an improvement.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think with the overall economic outlook changing and the increasing supply one should target a minimum of 5% if not more.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6% + $1000 owner loyalty by financing
Old 01-22-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

For those getting 5%+, were these vehicles at the dealer lot or did you factory order specifically to your needs?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer lot but even though Q8 not on Audi club list dealer know he has to give me 6% audi lclub discount for me to buy.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SammyH
For those getting 5%+, were these vehicles at the dealer lot or did you factory order specifically to your needs?
i ordered mine- but I feel sure I would have gotten AT LEAST 5% on one of the three they had on their lot. But these were white with base package all around.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah
I think with the overall economic outlook changing and the increasing supply one should target a minimum of 5% if not more.
+1

Quick Reply: What percentage off msrp is common for q8 right now?