Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

% off on a new Audi R8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default % off on a new Audi R8?

Plan on switching my C63S into something more interesting in the not too distant future hopefully... So obviously I've been looking at the R8. I'm just wondering how much % one can get off from the MSRP? Without even negotiating McLaren offered 10% off a 570GT so I'm guessing Audi should be able to give a similar deal, or even a better on? Also don't know yet if the Huracan will be in my budget (Haven't walked for almost a year due to a MVA), but if it is then is it truly worth purchasing over the R8, or not really?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

what one brand will do as a % off rarely has anything to do with what another will do?

Different cars, vastly different margins. All will depend on supply and demand in your area. There are roughly 230 new R8s for sale in the US right now of any configuration - most who buy them, order.

Have you driven both? They are completely different animals.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got a new 2017 right after Thanksgiving for 16% off MSRP... imagine you could do even better now. There are a few bases still hanging out there nationwide, more pluses sitting for sure.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
what one brand will do as a % off rarely has anything to do with what another will do?

Different cars, vastly different margins. All will depend on supply and demand in your area. There are roughly 230 new R8s for sale in the US right now of any configuration - most who buy them, order.

Have you driven both? They are completely different animals.
Just figured that a more exclusive brand would give less % off than other brands.
So far I've only driven the R8, and theres 4 in stock at the dealerships in Edmonton. Ones already listed for 10% off it seems so I guess it should be possible to get more than 10% off. Haven't driven the McLaren since the closest dealership is all the way in Vancouver.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CSCOKid
I got a new 2017 right after Thanksgiving for 16% off MSRP... imagine you could do even better now. There are a few bases still hanging out there nationwide, more pluses sitting for sure.
Thank you for the information. How are you liking the R8 so far?
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Superjak95
Thank you for the information. How are you liking the R8 so far?
Haven't been able to drive it a whole lot with the crazy weather changes here, but so far it's been great. There was an adjustment period for me as this is my first "true" sports cars but it doesn't take long to adapt... simple but expected things like very limited visibility looking back when reversing, getting in and out because it sits so low, being even more aware of potholes/sewer covers/ect.

Oh, and all the stares, pointing, and gaping mouths...
Old 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CSCOKid
Haven't been able to drive it a whole lot with the crazy weather changes here, but so far it's been great. There was an adjustment period for me as this is my first "true" sports cars but it doesn't take long to adapt... simple but expected things like very limited visibility looking back when reversing, getting in and out because it sits so low, being even more aware of potholes/sewer covers/ect.

Oh, and all the stares, pointing, and gaping mouths...
Did you by any chance consider the Huracan when looking for which car to buy? Also how tall are you if you don't mind me asking, and how comfortable does it feel inside considering your height?
Surprisingly I think the R8 is actually higher than the C63S so it might be easier to get in and out of it for me. The stares will be weird since the C63S doesn't get much attention haha. Gotta ask does all the attention get annoying ever?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Superjak95
Did you by any chance consider the Huracan when looking for which car to buy? Also how tall are you if you don't mind me asking, and how comfortable does it feel inside considering your height?
Surprisingly I think the R8 is actually higher than the C63S so it might be easier to get in and out of it for me. The stares will be weird since the C63S doesn't get much attention haha. Gotta ask does all the attention get annoying ever?
Didn't look at the Huracan, a little too flashy for my taste. I'm six foot tall 200 lbs and have no issues with interior "spaciousness". Took a four hour round trip drive for a business meeting last week and no discomfort.

It is absolutely a different driving experience, more "raw" than the luxury vehicles I previous drove but obviously that was expected.

The attention hasn't gotten old... reactions are always positive so I feel like, in a small way, I was able to bring a little positivity to people who appreciate cars.