Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***

Old 07-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

The owner of this black GLC 43 AMG brought his car by to have me lightly tint / smoke the rear tail lights on his car. The owner of this car is a returning customer who also had me lightly tint the tails on his other car. I took pictures of the progress outside, so you guys can see the subtle changes of the tint vinyl wrap that I use. The finish gives the tail lights a nice cherry finish, while still maintaining good light output from the lights and also keeping in line with a very factory / OEM+ type look. The owner of this car was from Pasadena Los Angeles and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 07-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
- M Performance side accent stripes
- M Performance lower rocker panel decal

Going with a more aggressive look on this BMW M235i coupe, the owner had me wrap the roof of his car in gloss black and install the M Performance side stripes and also the lower rocker panel decals. The rocker panel decals are more common than the side stripes, but the owner wanted to go with something more aggressive, so he decided to add on the side stripes with the red outline. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach Orange County and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills to do the vinyl wrap install.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 01-23-2018, 07:54 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black mirror vinyl wrap
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles vinyl wrap

On this white Maserati Gran Turismo, the owner of the car wanted to add some simple accents to the car to make it look slightly more aggressive and give it some character. Starting out with some simple accents, we decided to go with wrapping the mirrors, door handles and side skirts in a gloss black vinyl finish. The gloss black finish went well with the already gloss black wheels.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim black out vinyl wrap
- Plasti dip matte black rear and side badges

For this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe, we vinyl wrapped both the roof and window trim in a gloss black vinyl wrap finish, which gave the car a finished panoramic look for the roof and matched the gloss black window trim that comes on the night packages from Mercedes. In addition to wrapping those pieces, we also blacked out the side fender badges and rear trunk badges, but leaving the rear star and front grill/hood star emblems chrome still. Instead of blacking everything out, some chrome accents were left over to provide some contrast still. The owner of this car was from Pasadena Los Angeles and came out to us in Anaheim Orange County to have the work done on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 03-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D vinyl roof wrap

For those who have blue cars out there, typically a gloss black or similar roof wrap usually ends up being a more subtle touch to the car than how a black roof looks on a lighter colored car like white. In this case, the owner of this estoril blue M235i coupe wanted something that stood out just slightly more than a regular gloss black roof, so we went with the 5D gloss carbon fiber on the roof. The owner of this car was from long beach Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Since a lot of people ask how my gloss carbon fiber finish compares with real carbon fiber finishes, I took a few pictures of my gloss carbon fiber material laid over the real carbon fiber rear spoiler that was on the car. For a vinyl wrap product, this material is going to get you very close to the real thing.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D front bumper lip vinyl wrap

Here is a white Mercedes Benz C63 sedan that I had worked on during one of my trips up to norcal / bay area to do wraps up there. The owner of this car simply wanted to add just a simple carbon fiber accent to the front bumper area of the car, so we ended up going with the 5D high gloss carbon fiber finish over the factory black painted portion. It's a subtle touch that is not always noticeable right away, but at the right angles and lighting, the carbon fiber weave shows up fairly nicely.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear trunk license plate area vinyl wrap

The owner of this car was from norcal and had me do the vinyl wrap work on his car while he was down in socal. We went with gloss black for the roof, side skirts, and rear trunk license plate area. The side skirt design is based off of the motorsport graphic that is also offered from the factory by BMW. The rear license plate and side skirt wrap was a last minute decision, so those were done freehand. Overall, the additional gloss black accents tied in well with the other gloss black pieces on the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 06-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- 3M 1080 anthracite gloss carbon fiber interior trim vinyl wrap

For this 2016 Audi A7 sedan, we wrapped over the original wood trim pieces with the 3M 1080 CFS201 anthracite carbon fiber vinyl material. Getting rid of the wood look on the interior trim really upgraded the look of the overall interior, giving it a sportier look and feel. I especially liked the way the carbon fiber wrap worked with the aluminum metal trimming that were already on the wood pieces, giving it a nice balance of carbon fiber and metal.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 09-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Gloss black window/mirror trim chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles vinyl wrap
- Matte black front/rear badges chrome delete
- Matte black side markers chrome delete

I've been doing quite a few Teslas lately, with them becoming more an more common. The chrome on the Teslas are generally more tricky/tedious to do, but I've managed a good system to get good results consistently for these cars now. The owner of this Tesla Model 3 wanted to black out all of the exterior chrome pieces on the car. Blacking out all of the chrome pieces on the car really gives the Tesla a sportier look and feel. We did a mixture of matte black and gloss black on various areas of the car, depending on what matched and worked best for those pieces. The owner of this car was in Irvine Orange County and I came out to them to do the chrome delete vinyl wrap on their car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 02-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

Overview:
- Interior trim 3M 1080 black gloss carbon fiber vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights
- Gloss black rear diffuser vinyl wrap
- Gloss black window trim chrome delete

A lot of vinyl work was done on the outside and inside of this white BMW F10 540i sedan, but most of this post will be primarily focused on the wrapping that was done on the interior of the car. I tried to take pictures in a manner that allowed you to more easily see how the before/after looked like with the carbon fiber wrap done over the factory wood finish. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the black carbon fiber on the interior. The carbon fiber on the interior nicely tied in with the carbon fiber accents that were already on the exterior of the car. The owner of this car was in Irvine Orange County and I went out to him to do all of the wrap work on his car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***