Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

2012 R8 V10

 
Old 05-09-2018, 08:43 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 R8 V10

Hey gang, I was thinking about picking this up but seems to me a bit overpriced, Then again not sure what to offer i dont wanna low ball but $75K?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=201459276

Aside from the 6 speed manual, why is it so overpriced? anything special and what should i look for?

Thank you
Sniper260687 is offline  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:52 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,814
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Even the car guru sites states it being overpriced...But it has a few things going for it:
  • the 5.2 V10 engine, not 4.2
  • Very well equipped with carbon fiber
  • 6-speed transmission
  • Original MSRP on the vehicle was $165,800!


Last edited by raj99; 05-09-2018 at 08:54 AM.
raj99 is online now  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Yes i saw that, but then i go on TrueCar and it shows "Great Price" KBB shows decent price lol....

So im confused which is the fair price
Sniper260687 is offline  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,814
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sniper260687 View Post
Yes i saw that, but then i go on TrueCar and it shows "Great Price" KBB shows decent price lol....

So im confused which is the fair price
I don't consider it overpriced, since I've seen 4.2 vehicles about the same and far less equipped than this one. But then again I don't have that much cash to spend on a car
raj99 is online now  
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
I don't consider it overpriced, since I've seen 4.2 vehicles about the same and far less equipped than this one. But then again I don't have that much cash to spend on a car
Ha, would def finance, never buy a vehicle cash terrible investment, i mean either way its a terrible investment.

I guess if you're rich and dont care, might as well throw money away.

I find it so ridiculous that the MSRP was 165K in 2012 5 years later just $80K good for us average people but crazy how Audi resale value its so trash
Sniper260687 is offline  
Old 05-09-2018, 10:14 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
raj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,814
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sniper260687 View Post
Ha, would def finance, never buy a vehicle cash terrible investment, i mean either way its a terrible investment.

I guess if you're rich and dont care, might as well throw money away.

I find it so ridiculous that the MSRP was 165K in 2012 5 years later just $80K good for us average people but crazy how Audi resale value its so trash
a 50% reduction on a 6 year old luxury vehicle isn't too bad. Heck take a look that the D4, you could lose ~75% in 4 years: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-ever-2948912/
raj99 is online now  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
audia5fan
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
1
09-17-2008 08:07 AM
Mica
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
4
05-13-2008 09:29 AM
goldfishhh
Chicago Discussion
1
01-05-2008 06:00 PM
allYourBaseRtehSuck
Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet
0
03-26-2003 10:34 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 R8 V10


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: