Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

R8 ordered through dealer, waited patiently, now he wants to markup

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R8 ordered through dealer, waited patiently, now he wants to markup

Hi all,
I've been patiently waiting for my R8 order to get pulled for fabrication having put a $10,000 deposit on it before you could even enter the order in the Audi system. I am 4th on the list. Number 1 and 2 have already been delivered and the 3rd was shipped Dec 6th.

A few months back, the dealer and I entered the car options for my order into the Audi system. I check status with my dealer every once in a while to see if it has been pulled for build yet.

This weekend he told me that he now wants to increase the price of my ordered R8 $20K over MSRP!

I have seen a few go over MSRP, but I thought these were not via the ordering system - they were either ordered for a customer that bailed out, or ordered by the dealer without a customer, or used with just a few miles. Is it legal for the dealer to markup my order so late in the game, especially since it is a custom order direct from Audi?
Old 12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: R8 ordered through dealer, waited patiently, now he wants to markup

AoA takes a very dim view of dealers trying to charge over MSRP for legit retail orders of the R8. You may want to speak with the R8 Product manager at AoA and relate your dealers demand and see how it plays out?

Were you given a price when your order was booked into production? If so you should have a lgeal & binding agreement. If not, you may have left the door open for the dealer to stroke you for price or take the R8 to the secondary market?

Unfortunately greed makes normally rational people make very unrational decisions.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

that is so lame. name the dealer, lets get this guy out in the open
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Where Are You Located? and...

Who's the dealership?

Do you have a purchase order?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cancel, have your deposit refunded, and order through a dealer that charges MSRP

It's much less than 10K to ship a car from anywhere in the country.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
jwj
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Agree with offroad911. If you have a written sales order for a specific price, then this is

your legal binding agreement or contract.
If you have this, spend a few dollars and speak with an attorney for the real answers. Then I would go back to dealer armed with information and acknowledge that if they do not abide by order then tell them you will not only go to the Better Business Office but contact local newspapers and TV stations and address what this dealership is doing to local patrons. I'm sure you'll see a quick change of heart.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:06 PM

did the dealer agree to a price when you ordered the car or tell you they would charhe MSRP?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Agree with offroad911. If you have a written sales order for a specific price, then this is

I was 4th on the list to place an order. Around April of this year, the dealer called me in to enter the order into the Audi system, so I picked color and options for a total of about $135K. All I have is the printout of the options I ordered and the total price from the Audi order system, but it is not the "sales contract". The order has been in Audi's system for 7 months now, and the dealer told me he though it would be put into production in the next month or two. This is when he added the comment about $20K over MSRP.

I don't want to list the dealer (yet) hoping that his comment was more of a feeling me out verses a mandate.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Agreed to MSRP when placed on list, given price when order entered

When I got placed on the waiting list, I was told MSRP. Next, when it was my turn to enter the order options into the Audi online system, I was given the final order sheet complete with option prices and my total price on a sheet they printed. This total price included delivery, gas-guzzler, and every option I picked. So I thought I was just waiting for production, then delivery.

Is there "another" set of paperwork that determines the final price? I certainly expected to see tax, license, etc added - but not a $20K markup.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Please Send Me a Private E-Mail

if you don't want the world to know who your dealer is.

I think I might be the third order just ahead of you...

Quick Reply: R8 ordered through dealer, waited patiently, now he wants to markup