Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi R8
Reload this Page >

R8 Spyder Adjustable Visor DIY

Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

R8 Spyder Adjustable Visor DIY

Old 05-07-2019, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default R8 Spyder Adjustable Visor DIY

For the life of me I cannot understand why Audi would produce this amazing $200,000 automobile with a tiny little non-movable sunvisor. This is my second R8 Spyder, and Iíve been searching for nearly 10 years to find a solution, and finally, I found one. I purchased a Rosen aviation sunvisor for about $275 for the pair. https://www.rosenvisor.com/store/p17...plete_Set.html

When I received them, I was thrilled to see how well-machined and heavy duty these multi-positional visors are.. They are infinitely adjustable, including overhead and sun blocking on both the passengerís, and driverís side side windows. The tint seems dark enough to do the trick, though I may apply a carbon fiber film for total opaqueness after I try them out in strong sun on a long drive. They come with a thumb wheel to lock down the articulating arm and Allen wrenches to tighten the various pivot joints. High speed driving and wind will not budge them.

I had them professionally installed at Mr. Kustom in Chicago for about $500. They did a great job, removing the trim panels and making sure they were secured to the aluminum frame of the windshield, and not the plastic trim parts. By the way, I do not work for either of these businesses I am just an enthusiastic Spyder owner who can now drive top down and hats-off. Highly recommend.