AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi R8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-r8-122/)
-   -   Why are dealers charging as much for the R8 as the Lambo Gallardo? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-r8-122/why-dealers-charging-much-r8-lambo-gallardo-2717689/)

sjenner 01-20-2008 02:57 PM

Why are dealers charging as much for the R8 as the Lambo Gallardo?

I am seeing Audi dealers jacking up the price way over sticker MSRP for the new R8 and cost as much as a new Lamborghini Gallardo! Ridiculous as it is supposed to be a 110k car and not a 200k car.

GR8 Ghost 01-20-2008 02:58 PM

read the forum, this is covered almost every other thread...

DEMAND...thats it plain and simple

AofC_RR 01-20-2008 03:04 PM

Re: Why are dealers charging as much for the R8 as the Lambo Gallardo?

Lol it is not a $110k car, that's a base model with no equipment. A typical R8 runs a little over $125k for a manual and about $137k for a loaded R-tronic. The mark up has to do with 1) the market demand and 2) Audi nails their dealers for selling them out of their market area.

Jay35 01-20-2008 03:07 PM

Re: Why are dealers charging as much for the R8 as the Lambo Gallardo?

More like an $85k car with an Audi badge on it, honestly. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, just typical German luxury overpricing (c.f. Audi, BMW, Benz) - and then add in the limited availability and you have your Gallardo price for it.

sjenner 01-20-2008 03:51 PM

Audi RS4 and Viper a better deal than R8

I might get a new Viper with 600HP and race an R8 on the track and smoke it. That would be fun!

But if I need a daily driver, the RS4 would have a lot of performance and comfort for less dollars.

Actually Viper is best deal for new high performance car but does not have the looks or status of the R8 or Gallardo, hence lower price (90k versus 140k versus 200k).

But yeah supply and demand drive it all- just like why Ferrari and Lambos cost more than Vipers and Corvettes. I guess that I have a tough time spending more than 100k for a new car. Unless I was a billionaire.

firstR8 01-20-2008 04:40 PM

But the RS4 and Viper are Fugly. Just buy a tricked out Mustang or a Subaru with that logic..

The Audi combines Porsche GT3 handling and rare looks with a 3.9 second 0-60 time. I don't understand why someone would ever spend $80k on a pimped out A4. When was the last time you saw a sedan at an exotic car show? The R8 is a world beater on many, many levels.

firstR8 01-20-2008 04:41 PM

Try living with a Gallardo for more than a week. It's purely a honeymoon car.

GR8 Ghost 01-20-2008 06:30 PM

I just get tired of comparisons to cars like Vipers. I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Auditude2.0T: BT PWR 01-20-2008 06:54 PM

its not a pimped out A4 first of all. Drive the car for a while then tell me what you think of it

you must be kidding me. I have an A4 and as much as i love it driving my dads RS4 is a pleasure. It handles great, beautiful interior, amazing engine and awesome widebody styling.

firstR8 01-20-2008 08:12 PM

I didn't say it didn't drive well, I said I thought it was Fugly.

I don't care for the add-on fender treatment or the boxy shape. Honestly, I just want an exclusive car that will make heads turn and make me look back at it as I walk away. The RS4 just looks like a Jetta or any other dressed up sedan. Face it, hot women don't look at boy racer RS4's, they look at R8's because the man who owns one is a guy who steps way, way up to the plate and they like that....all of them. Plus, the R8 has a unique panache. Most hot women don't like Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros or Vipers because of the stereotyped guys associated with them. The Audi does not yet have a stereotyped guy associated with it yet.