Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ahhhh.... More fun with my stereo... Any Suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhhh.... More fun with my stereo... Any Suggestions...

Quick catch up: Installing sub onto stock 01 symphony system.

Ok, so the guys at HiFi Buys say that because my system is amplified it blew the high to low level connector they sold me. Where do you guys splice in? I am lost now...
Old 04-27-2001, 04:51 AM

Default from my reply to your previous...

"You can also tap into the line level signals going into the rear amp (mounted on the drivers side rear speaker). I looked the wire colors up for someone recently but am not at home so dont have the colors. Seems like the l/r hot were blue wires, one with a red trace and one with a green trace. The RTO is white, and the signal grounds are brown (both have a trace colors too but they tie to the same connector on the amp). Be sure you run separate 12V and ground. Dont reuse the amps 12V and ground."

I am still not at home - on vacation, and not with my car. I am still not certain about the blue wires with the red and green stripes but there arent too many wires going into that amp and those colors still sound about right to me. I sent GOT_ROOT email on this a while ago, and he may still have it but who knows if he reads this forum when he doesnt have a problem.

4/29 update: Got home, checked. Indeed the line level inputs to that rear amp are the blue wires with green and red stripes.

Dont cut any of the wires off. If you want to tap them, just pick up a set of wire taps at your local auto parts.
Old 05-01-2001, 04:05 PM
TJM

Default They are not the brightest people.

If you take out the head unit it has a diagram on it that will show them which wires are lineouts. All they have to do is use these and splice in a set of rca cables. Then they don't have to use those crappy hi level converters.