Sponsored by:

Audi A4 09 B8 B7O Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 09 B8 B7O Amplifier

Hello everyone,
so I had an issue with my amplifier where my mmi system suddenly stopped working at all, no display or sound at, so I went to the dealership and they said that I need a new apm and the it's gonna cost about 1600$ to install and reprogram! I decided to give it another shot so I might a cheaper alternative solution, so I went to an electronic repair shop but unfortunately we found out that it had a sever water damage to the point where it cannot be repaired! I contacted Audi of America to see if they can do anything in that regard and they told me that I first have to go to a dealership and run a water leak test and if they find out that there's an issue from their side they "might" be able to help but nothing is guaranteed! which is really ridiculous due to the fact that there is no way for the water to leak to the back of the trunk and get into my amplifier and ruin it other than their bad design which allowed the water to reach it! in order to do the water leak test I'll have to pay for 3-4 hrs at 124$ hourly rate for just checking what's causing the problem! so my last option was to search online for a used amplifier and install it in a local shop, I found so many for B&O amps but they didn't have the exact last letter of mine, so will that make a difference? and are those of 2010-2014 amplifiers different from the one if 2009 B8? here is my part number: 8T0 035 223 T
please help as the car feels really dead with no maps, audio, nothing at all...
Thanks
Old 05-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

???
Old 05-21-2018, 01:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Disconnect amp and insert optic loop adapter. This way at least display/maps and everything else should work. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a number of options:

The amplifier is actually made by a comapny called: LEAR. You could contact them, to see what it might cost to buy a new one direct.
Audio Products | Lear Corporation

Depending on where you live, there are a number of companies that offer repair service for these amps:
In the USA: https://paulisoncorpserv.com/bang-an...ifier-repairs/
In the Middle East or Europe: Audi A4 A5 S5 Bang and Olufsen Lear Amplifier Repairs 8t0035223t f c m
This guy is also very good (in Belgium): About us - mmirepair.com - mmirepair.com

The final option, which I would recommend, is to rip the crappy B&O amp out, and replace it with an aftermarket amplifier.
The way to do this, is to get a mObridge DA3, which taps into the Audi fibre optic signal, and then sends out a full audio signal via RCA's, which you then run into a nice aftermarket amplifier.
MOST DA3 DSP Professional | mObridge

The beauty of the mObridge, is that it retains all of the factory functions. Everything works exactly as it would with a stock OEM amplifier.
The obvious drawback is; if you don't know how to do aftermarket stereo installation, then you will need to pay someone to do this for you.
Here's a link that shows my build (with the mObridge DA3)... to give you some ideas: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...build-2901944/

Last edited by JimmyDee; 05-21-2018 at 05:43 AM.