Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DASHPOD IMMOBILIZER NO START PLZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DASHPOD IMMOBILIZER NO START PLZ HELP

My dash has been giving me problems lately such as turning off and on while driving bad coolant reading etc. but today ON THE WAY HOME FROM SCHOOL, ABOUT TO GO INSTALL MY NEW FORGE 008 DV, I WAS DRIVING AND THE DASH POWERED COMPLETELY OFF AND FLICKERED AND BEEPED. WHEN IT FINALLY CAME BACK ON, THE IMMOBILIZER LIGHT STARTED TO FLASH AT ME AND THIS WAS ALL WHILE DRIVING. (okay enough with the caps lock) I didn't turn the car off until I got to my destination because I figured it would not start back up. When I arrived, I cut the car off and sure enough, the car was being immobilized. The IMMOBILIZER light flashes at me every time I try to start it and it will turn over, run for a second and cut off. I had to get it towed (on a rollback of course) back to my house and as soon as I got home, I attempted to use my spare key that I had and it did the same thing!!

I scanned it with VAG and got a few codes, under the Engine module it got an -Engine start blocked by immobilizer code and under the Dashboard module (17)
I got -01128 Immobilizer Pickup Coil (D2) sporadic (that code didn't always immediately come back up) I got a -01176 Key sporadic: signal too low and a -01179 Incorrect Key Programming. In addition, one time I got a 00668 Supp Volt T30 sporadic: Power too small.

Every time I cleared the codes, the 01176 and 01179 popped back up INSTANTLY every time. It has never done this to me before but I'm guessing it has to do with the dash completely or at least I hope.

I know I need to get the dash sent in for a REFURB but I don't even care about the LCD as it is covered by my OBD-II Scangauge. I have heard of ModuleMasters but the return time says 1-2 weeks and I really can't do that. I do not mind paying for expedited shipping as long as they won't take forever to fix it.

As of right now, the TT is out in the driveway and I'm taking out the old Conquest out for now. Hoping I can get this problem fixed asap.

And just to add, here is the list of codes from my Dash board module
01128-Immobilizer Pickup Coil (D2) sporadic:
01176-Key sporadic: Signal too low
01179-Incorrect Key Programming
00668- Supply Voltage Terminal 30 sporadic: Power supply too small ( hasn't came back yet)
01314-ECM sporadic: No Communication
01312-Powertrain Data bus sporadic: Defective
18058-Powertrain Data Bus, Missing Message from Instrument Cluster sporadic:

I also got the Engine start blocked by immobilizer in the Engine module.

Oh and let me list a few things I tried.:

Unplugged the battery (hit the brakes etc) - nothing
Unplugged the cluster, removed it and looked at the circuit board - didn't see anything obviously wrong
Left the key in the ignition for a while - nothing
Attempted to fiddle with the immobilizer key barrel donut connector - nothing (i just tried to push it in further and wiggle it)
Used VAG-COM to try to login to the dash module to possibly re program the IMMO chip and tried the wrong password -nothing
Used VAG-COM to clear the codes MANY TIMES - nothing
Tried using my spare key and it still did the same thing

Just to add, while moving the dash around when trying to diagnose this issue, it went into a very weird mode where the miles showed 999999 and every warning light on the LCD was activated. It stopped doing this when I wiggled the blue connector on the back and it went back to normal.

I'm just hoping that a dash rebuild will fix this because as of right now, mechanically the car is top notch but i'm pretty sure this dash is causing a majority of my problems. THANK YOU TO ANYONE THAT COULD GIVE ME ANY INSIGHT ON THIS ISSUE PLEASE & THANKS

Here is the baby thread of this
VWVortex.com - DashPod Connector Short HELP ME PLZ (SOLVED sort of) READ