Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found an MP3 Audi compatible CD changer (more...)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 08:06 AM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Found an MP3 Audi compatible CD changer (more...)

But will it work with my symphony head unit in my 2001 S4??!

Stuff from the autotoys website (no direct URL):
AUDI 6 DISC COMPATIBLE CD CHANGER 1998-2002+ (TYPE MP3)

MP3 CHANGER! Alpine based changer (2002 models shipping). For 1998-2001+ Audi vehicles. 6 disc changer. A4/A6/A8. Almost same size as factory changer. Requires prewired 13 pin cd changer plug in car.
Item:
AUDI 6 DISC COMPATIBLE CD CHANGER 1998-2002+ (TYPE MP3)

*Summary:

MP3 CHANGER! Alpine based changer (2002 models shipping). For 1998-2001+ Audi vehicles. 6 disc changer. A4/A6/A8. Almost same size as factory changer. Requires prewired 13 pin cd changer plug in car.

*Details:

New! In stock!

MP3 CHANGER
6 DISC OF CDRS full of MP3s!

Limited quantities, so order now! First come first serve. Pay via paypal, get free shipping**

What is so good?
This is an alpine based changer. We offer free shipping if you pay via paypal.
Special changer decodes Mp3s off CDRs/CDRWs and plays it directly through your factory radio.

Note: There are some limitations on this product. Because the Mp3 format is so expansive and your factory radio was never built to handle all that information, it will only show track information and probably only up to track 99. It will not show track titles, etc.. Also, another limitation is that you must record all of your MP3s onto the ROOT directory of the CDR and in the order you want it to played. However, if you can imaging playing over 500 songs off a few cds in a 6 disc cartridge, this may be the perfect solution for you. We also took the guesswork and shopping out of it, we put everything in one package. Hard to find converters, adapters and the changer...free shipping if you pay via paypal. Have everything arrive in one box.

Requires (your responsibility to check before ordering):
Radio with CD changer controls
13 pin ROUND prewired CD changer wire in car (if you have a 1997 vehicle or early 1998 car, you better check!)
CD changer controls

Installation basics:
Direct plug in changer ( no additional wires ). PLUG AND PLAY.

Identification help

None - 1997 or early 1998 cars, check for 13 pin ROUND prewired plug FIRST.

Compatibility
. For 1998/1999/2000/2001+ models only. Random not supported. (for Matshi****a/Panasonic audi radios -concert, compatible with BOSE - random MAY work in some vehicles)

Location of plug (typically)
Trunk. 13 pin round prewired cable. Plug in. (easy)

WARNING: Check APPLICATION YEARS!
Note: This changer will work with the specified radios listed above in 1998 and NEWER vehicles only, there are currently no changers available for 1996 or 1997 vehicles, this changer will NOT work in 1996 or 1997 vehicles.

More details
6 disc changer
Cartridge included

Includes everything you will need! Don't limit what your factory radio is capable of doing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free ground shipping* (within 48 states) if you pay via PAYPAL
For more details, see http://www.autotoys.com/paypal

NOTE: This is a remotely mounted changer. This typically mounts in the trunk which is hidden away. Review dimensions of changer, check your installation area and review if your car will be limited to the factory prewired area. Our opinion of in dash changers are they are always IN view to potentiel theft. Mount it securely away in the trunk or under the seat with our compatible changer!

Note: Changer will perform all basic functions of the factory changer (play, skip, etc) - in some applications, more features (such as aux input, more discs, random mix) may be an extra bonus. Because of the evolving nature of automotive radio models -- and for our packages to adapt, changer may differ (cosmetic, not operation) than what is shown in photos and installation links.

Changer packages at autotoys.com are composed of only the best highest quality components proven to work. We chose our converters carefully from a pool of manufacturers and only the best (most perfect) products are fitted into our packages. Likewise for the changers used. Only namebrand changers are used in our packages and products are always in stock in quantity. Visit our tech section at http://www.autotoys.com/tech - we have over 800 photographs online from 'our' installations, many of those articles are OEM COMPATIBLE CHANGER installs. We use the products, we install them retail, we know the products and cars. Post sale support via our forums.
** Why buy your parts separately. Buying a converter separately, it may not work, you have to wait for it, you have to pay shipping on it. Buying a changer separately, it may not work (wrong model), you may have to wait for it, you have to pay shipping on it. WHY WASTE TIME? Buy an exclusive AUTOTOYS.COM OEM package. One package, everything you need in one box ***
Why will you waste time and money with anyone else?
Old 06-04-2002, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this link:

<ul><li><a href="http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/3cfd07ae0928ba42274dd8f5a5020657/Product/View/AUDIMP36">Autotoys Audi MP3 changer</a></li></ul>
Old 06-04-2002, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default excellent find.. that's good to know. Altho it's pricey. For $40 more I say buy an iPod

And the 13pin -&gt; Aux adaptor from Autotoys for $60 and have WAAAAY more MP3 storage.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:48 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

will it work with Symphony (vs Concert)?
Old 06-04-2002, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes it will, all Symphony HU cars have the 13pin cable in the trunk

It's a matter of the cable more than the HU.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... and the orig. 5 gig iPod is now $299.00
Old 06-04-2002, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

WOW! they dropped the 5 to $299 and put the 10 at $399... thats sweet.!
Old 06-05-2002, 06:37 AM

I at least need playlist functionality, no thanks.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Found an MP3 Audi compatible CD changer (more...)

I ordered this on Tuesday, and it still has not shipped (Today is Thursday). A sales rep. claims that they are still testing it out to make sure it works properly. I don't know why they would advertise something, if it did not work properly, but I guess I'm glad they are testing it before they ship it.

I have a 2001 A4 Avant, and it is pre-wired for the CD Changer. Once I receive this unit, I'll post my installation experience for everyone.

Although this unit is somewhat limited in it's function, it sure beats flipping through CD's while driving. 6 CD's worth of MP3's should last a long time before needing to swap out CD's.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:17 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Default upon closer inspection

It looks to be a package deal of the Alpine changer with the PIE adapter (I am going by the line int he description "Hard to find converters, adapters and the changer...free shipping if you pay via paypal. Have everything arrive in one box."

but regardless its what I was looking for so I got it... hopefully it won't take too long to arrive!

incidentally, everyone here seems to be pushing the hard drive stuff, yet everyone I work with seems to be afraid of that... maybe that has something to do with the fact that I work at a hard drive company!!

Edward

Quick Reply: Found an MP3 Audi compatible CD changer (more...)