Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Google Earth maps in 2017 Audi AllRoad

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Google Earth maps in 2017 Audi AllRoad

I've been trying to setup Google Earth Maps in my virtual cockpit for my 2017 AllRoad and boy am I starting to lose my patience.

I connected to Audi connect via a code that the dealership gave me. Everything is setup, I can lock/unlock the doors via my iPhone and stuff like that.

Only thing I can't do is link MyAudi to the MMI with the PIN they provide in the iOs application. I've read the user manual and the steps to do it lead nowhere. I can't find the spot where to enter this PIN.

I can't also find how to have Google Earth Maps as my navigation system. I think those steps are related. Does anyone have a clue on how to set this up properly?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

The Google Earth overlay (it's not a map but a photo overlay on top of the car's internal map data) has nothing to do with the pin, myAudi or the MMI Connect app. The pin would give you access to the app's features like Send to Car. Since you can lock/unlock from the app, it sounds like you are already connected. Is the Send to Car feature working? If you can enter a destination in MyAudi or the MMI Connect app but can't see it in the Destinations section, then you may not have an AC active connection.

The Google Earth is directly related to Audi Connect in the MMI. If your AC is active and working, you should be able to get online destinations and other AC features in the MMI. If you are not able to access these, your Audi Connect is not active. Did the dealer set you up and walk you through the Audi Connect options?
Old 12-23-2016, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wow, thanks for the reply, very useful!

I feel like I have limited access to Audi Connect by not being able to link MyAudi and the car with the 8 digit PIN provided by MyAudi. Do i need a SIM card to establish connection?

Also, what is "Send to car"? I don't see that feature anywhere.

The dealer hasn't been very helpful with Audi Connect since it just arrived in Canada last month and have had a training 6 months ago (Good job Audi).

I also called customer service and no one has a clue.

The thing I can do are lock/unlock, set geofence, speed limit, valet alert and have useful informations about the car.

But I can't see anything else in the "Audi Connect" menu. Also, in the 2017, it is the all new MMI system so there ain't a lot of informations online as well. I don't know where to turn too haha
Old 12-23-2016, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

I just realized you are in Canada. My understanding is the Audi Connect features are very limited there. For example, I don't believe you have Google Earth or online destinations available. You do, however, have access to Apple Car and Android Auto which can work with the MMI.

Audi connect > Owners and Customers > Audi Canada
Old 04-10-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Android Auto

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I just realized you are in Canada. My understanding is the Audi Connect features are very limited there. For example, I don't believe you have Google Earth or online destinations available. You do, however, have access to Apple Car and Android Auto which can work with the MMI.

Audi connect > Owners and Customers > Audi Canada
I can't speak to Canadian features, but here in the US I tried Android Auto for mapping and navigation and it works just fine. However, the mapping is displayed only on the center screen. It does not display on the Virtual Cockpit screen; the mapping is replaced with a compass. But, at least this mapping and navigation is free other than your cellular data use.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Would you mind sharing what Software Version you are on? I'm on a regular A3 2017 and mine is version 0694. Thanks.