Increasing voltage for aftermarket audio - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Electronics > Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Reload this Page > Increasing voltage for aftermarket audio
Notices
Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Increasing voltage for aftermarket audio

Old 07-14-2017, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Increasing voltage for aftermarket audio

Hey there, long time lurker, first time poster.
(01' TT 1.8L FWD AWP)

It has come to my understanding that voltage is regulated to 13.2 volts in the 01-06 TTs. I'm looking to raise my voltage to 14-14.5 volts at the battery for my aftermarket audio equipment. with nothing on at idle my voltage hovers between 13.1 and 12.9 and stays about the same with my audio equipment on at a fairly decent level, but my amplifiers (A two-channel for subs, and a four-channel for the doors) apparently work at peak performance at 14.4 volts according to the manufacturer, so I would like to hit that goal, is this possible without extensive modding? can it be done through VAG COM?

PS. Feel free to let me know if this is a stupid idea, but keep it constructive. I'm just looking to see if it can be done.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Accuvolt

I have never used one of these, but I've heard about them over the years.

My car runs at 14-15 volts when the engine is on, depending on air temperature. Colder outside temps = higher voltage.

But I also run my audio system off of a CTek charger when I go to car audio competitions. When I'm running on the charger, I usually get about 13 volts steady.

I am running all Class A and AB amplifiers, just under about 2000 watts total, and they perform fine at 13 volts. Granted, my system is a Sound Quality system, not a basshead bone-shaker.

Search this Thread