Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI 'ghost' call initiated by MMI via iPhone on Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default MMI 'ghost' call initiated by MMI via iPhone on Bluetooth?

Rather than bury this question in a model specific forum... I thought maybe this electronics forum could be a good place for an MMI related question.

I did find a thread with no real answer in the A6 forum... "Default Anyone having bluetooth connection probs after upgrade to iOS 10.1? ......Bluetooth phone audio stays connected and I can't hang up the "call" unless I turn off Bluetooth on my phone or disconnect the device in the MMI settings. Even when I reconnect later, it will sometimes so the same thing, ie., a "call" is initiated and will not end. I look on the phone and it says no call is going but I look in telephone settings and it says a call has been going for some number of minutes and seconds and "end call" is grayed out... Anyone else seeing anything similar?"

This weekend, I started up my 2015 Q7 twice and the MMI seemed to initiate a call. I saw that a call was 'in progress' in the dash, but the MMI phone controls would not let me disconnect. My iPhone (7 iOS 10.3.2) did not register that a call was in progress. Since a 'call was in progress', i couldn't listen to the Radio/etc... I parked the car and started up in both cases (two random separate incidences), and things worked itself out.

Anyone else figure out why the random calls might get started?
Old 07-17-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

That usually happens if an app on your phone keeps the mic open to listen for commands. The usual suspects are Siri, Google Now, Google Assistant or even Google Maps if you have it setup to use the Handsfree profile instead of Bluetooth Audio for navigation instructions.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks superswiss... That makes sense, and I'll have to keep an eye on pushing the 'siri button' as I put my iPhone away.