Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mmi resetting every 19 seconds.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mmi resetting every 19 seconds.

Hi, i have a A6 C6 and the last couple of days my MMI system has started to play up. When listen to the radio or Cd the MMI reboots itself every 19 seconds. This causes the music to stop while the reboot happens. Today i have tried to reboot the system holding the three buttons, checked all the fuses, set system back to factory defualts and disconnecged the battery for 30 minutes. I cannot connect my phone to the bluetooth anymore either. The system is very slow and jumpy. When i turn the mmi off and also the screen on the dashboard off where the mmi is displayed the screen turns back after a minute or so. I have attached a video, if you look at the main part of the display unit above the temp you can see the radio station Kiss after the music stops Kiss then disappears and the re appears when the music starts again.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo problem sorted

Just to close this thread that the issue with.my radio rebooting every 20 seconds has been sorted. I tried the hard reboot, changing all the fuses etc and nothing worked. I contacted audi who wanted to do a diagnostics to try and locate the problem. I told them that it was the bluetooth modulator and they gave me a quote for the part for £440. £440 just for the part, having a laugh. I got access to my bluetooth modulator located under the passenger footwell by popping off the left plastic door floor covers, removing the glove box and then a bit of fighting with the carpet. That carpet is thick and strong, you really have to wrestle with it. Once i got access to the black cover box i was able to open it up and see the bluetooth modulator. Took some pics and then ordered the part from an online auction website for £90. When the part arrived it was a case of just plug and play. Reconnect the bluetooth and everything works fine.