Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Audi video encoding tool

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Audi video encoding tool

Hi Guys, I searched and searched and all the info about converting videos to a format that would work in my 2014 A3 Cabrio with Technik package didn't work.

So being the geek that I am,I decided to figure it out for myself.

After many hours of tweaking and testing, I am happy with the results and I can convert any video into a format that runs in my car off an SD card (I have 2 128GB cards in there, one for music, one for videos (concerts).

One thing I noticed is there is no way to skip forwards and backwards through the video file, so I then wrote into it the ability to split a file either based on a time (5 mins) or in the case of MKV files a chapter.

I am pretty happy with how it works now so I am posting it up here for you guys, hopefully it saves someone the time I wasted looking for answers online .

instructions:

For a straight conversion put one or many video files into the folder "convert" and simply double click "1 Convert to Audi format.bat"

This will output to the "converted" folder your videos in Audi MMI Format, simply drop them onto a memory card formatted as FAT32 and they should play in your Audi.

If you wish to split your video file up into smaller parts (ie in the case of concerts) there are two ways you can do it.

1) Place one or many video files into the folder "convert" and simply double click "2 Convert to 5 minute sections in Audi format.bat"

This will output to the "converted" folder your videos sliced into 5 minute segments, you can change this time by editing the batch file if you wish.

2) Alternatively, "some" MKV files have chapters embeded in them, In this case (which is preferable int he case of cocerts as the chapters will be songs) simply drop one or many chaptered MKV files into the SplitByChapter folder and simply double click "3 Split MKV By Chapter.bat" This will output the split files into the "convert" folder, these are just split, they are not yet converted to Audi format. Now you need to double click "1 Convert to Audi format.bat" to run the conversion of the split files, the files will be output to the "converted" folder.

Here is the link to the download, it uses FFMPEG and I just wrote the batch files in there, feel free to modify, pull apart, do whatever you like with it . https://nofile.io/f/kNgvtkx6gaY/Audi...+converter.zip

Suggestions or requests just post it here and I will see what I can do.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

link died, this one works https://nofile.io/f/5jnTqkbRnDU/Audi...+converter.zip