Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
vSee related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SD Card and MMI

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
In my 2013 A6, an SD card can random play all tracks within a folder but not globally. Using the Jukebox, it can random play all tracks globally.
Wow - thanks for the quick response. So it sounds like I was (unfortunately) correct. Shuffle within a single folder but not the whole SD Card. Why would they remove this?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by James Flood III
Wow - thanks for the quick response. So it sounds like I was (unfortunately) correct. Shuffle within a single folder but not the whole SD Card. Why would they remove this?
I'm not sure that it hasn't always been this way. Just another one of those software codings that leaves you scratching your head.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is another reason why auto OEMs shouldn't be doing software / infotainment systems. They suck at it. Just give me a dumb screen like I plug my laptop into at home, but a dumb screen in my car that I can plug my phone into.

Oh and buttons/***** for the climate control and other settings.

That way, it'd always be up-to-date and be the user-interface that I'm familiar with on my phone so I don't have to re-learn a damn thing. I still forget the bottom to top navigation instructions in my S4 and Q5 because every other phone navigation app does it top to bottom.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vincenz0
This is another reason why auto OEMs shouldn't be doing software / infotainment systems. They suck at it. Just give me a dumb screen like I plug my laptop into at home, but a dumb screen in my car that I can plug my phone into.

Oh and buttons/***** for the climate control and other settings.

That way, it'd always be up-to-date and be the user-interface that I'm familiar with on my phone so I don't have to re-learn a damn thing. I still forget the bottom to top navigation instructions in my S4 and Q5 because every other phone navigation app does it top to bottom.
Spot on.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm not sure that it hasn't always been this way. Just another one of those software codings that leaves you scratching your head.
It definitely wasn't always this way because I still have my 2011 Q5 which has the ability (and I used it often). Very strange that they'd remove this function. On a positive note, my passengers will enjoy a less ADD addled experience.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default SHADOWS OR DAMAGED FILES

I am not sure what is going on with my SD Card and this Audi A6 S line. I have placed all MP3 songs only a 32Gb SDHC card and all it keeps saying is 'title of the song - file is damaged'. I have taken all tracks out of folders and made sure all are MP3. I have gone from 350 songs to 10 songs to try and rectify this issue. I am very tech savvy and still can't fix this issue. I have tried doing WAV files AAC files and FLAC files and neither of them work only MP3. Here is where it gets weird. The songs are on the disc and what looks like shadow files of the same songs each one saying file is damaged. Can someone please help me asap. I have a long drive and would like to place music. USB and CD plays everything with no issues in my previous car. My new car just has CD and SD card. I don't want loads of CD's. SD seems better idea, but has all these issues.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jkwondo
I am not sure what is going on with my SD Card and this Audi A6 S line. I have placed all MP3 songs only a 32Gb SDHC card and all it keeps saying is 'title of the song - file is damaged'. I have taken all tracks out of folders and made sure all are MP3. I have gone from 350 songs to 10 songs to try and rectify this issue. I am very tech savvy and still can't fix this issue. I have tried doing WAV files AAC files and FLAC files and neither of them work only MP3. Here is where it gets weird. The songs are on the disc and what looks like shadow files of the same songs each one saying file is damaged. Can someone please help me asap. I have a long drive and would like to place music. USB and CD plays everything with no issues in my previous car. My new car just has CD and SD card. I don't want loads of CD's. SD seems better idea, but has all these issues.
What year is the car? That is definitely a strange issue with the shadow files.

​​​​ This link many offer some guidance: https://elmassian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=695&I temid=1043
Old 10-21-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default New car

It is brand new it is a 67 plate
Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by James Flood III
What year is the car? That is definitely a strange issue with the shadow files.

​​​​ This link many offer some guidance: https://elmassian.com/index.php?opti...95&Itemid=1043
I am also not very satisfied with the SD card option. Not sure if this is an issue with the SD card or the Audi MMI system. Anyway, I just purchased a cable to connect my iPhone. That works much better.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default SD Card - New music not read

I set up SD card by copying music from Itunes and it works great.
Now several months later I have added new music files to this same SD card. (Itunes (MP4 format) to Sandisk 32GB card)
The SD card reader does not read any of my added music. Only music from the original SD card creation is read. Any suggestions on how to get SD card reread? I confirmed the files are copied on the SD card.
Would appreciate any tips / tricks for copying Itunes / playlists etc to SD cards. I really do not like Itunes interface. Anyways out of this or should I just continue to copy and paste from Itunes library ?

I am finding that a USB stick may be the best option for easy access to add or remove songs,play lists etc. But would prefer to use the SD card reader.
This is a great forum thanks for all the help / tips and tricks.

Bob G.
2017 Q7

Quick Reply: SD Card and MMI