Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping Audi from US to Europe: issues with MMI/NAV

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCanada
Thanks so much RKsilver for your quick reply. As this is a Canadian car it already has KMs.
MMI and Nav seem to be the biggies, though I have also heard that mirrors and brake lights need to be switched over, and there may be a requirement to install a rear fog light, but it is very hard to verify any of this information!
Thanks again
D
Almost, i forgot one big thing, rear brake lights. Rear turn signal must be yellow and seperate from brake lights, no need to change mirrors, rear fog light is a must have, no need for front ones.

Front side markers, if they are red, are not allowed.

MAY seem a big thing, but according to *time moving on* alot of things can be *coded*.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have tried the region conversion. It's not simple as written in the pdf file. Checkout the pictures I posted here.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24740444
Old 04-07-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Navigation and Radio to Gulf Co Operation Countries

Hi Group,
Recently I was shifted to Dubai from the U.S as promotion to take care of the new branch. So I imported my 2014 Audi SQ5 here to Dubai with me. Niw I will be here for the next 8 years. So need to know if anyone can guide me how to change the Radio and Navigation to GCC standards or middle east standards as we would call it. Please help.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default No

Originally Posted by Reggie
Do the headlights have to be replaced???

It is a bit late but no the headlights do not need to be replaced you can adjust them to point on the right side of the road. Your rear tai lights however may need to be replaced because the Turn signals need to be amber
Old 05-28-2016, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
Actually you can convert a 3G+ from US to EU. The basics are the same: Region conversion, Firmware update, new Maps, navigation activation (requires FSC codes)...obviously, there are some steps in-between, but that's about it. There are a number of folks I know which offer the service for about 200-300 euros and can get the car setup for EU.

Also,, I believe your headlights will require changing as well.

Take a look at the attached doc, for an explanation on how to change the region.

Hey boss is there anyway you can PM me about the people who can convert my MMI and Navi to EU from NAR thank you
Old 08-14-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Markokker
Am considering to ship an Audi Q7 from the US to Europe, and understand there will be issues with getting things like Audi Connect or the Navigation system to work in Europe. For example because of different factory programming needed and/or different SIM card.

How difficult is it to get the MMI/NAV and all that to work in Europe? Isn't it just a matter of running a software update and installing a European SIM card?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks! Mark

This guys here can do it
Old 04-04-2018, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe smth new in this issue (changing region, US to EU maps, languages)? or still nothing?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
Actually you can convert a 3G+ from US to EU. The basics are the same: Region conversion, Firmware update, new Maps, navigation activation (requires FSC codes)...obviously, there are some steps in-between, but that's about it. There are a number of folks I know which offer the service for about 200-300 euros and can get the car setup for EU.

Also,, I believe your headlights will require changing as well.

Take a look at the attached doc, for an explanation on how to change the region.
Hi - I am trying to do the same after taking my car from the UK to Australia. Do you know anyone out here who will do it? Or can you send me a link to who produced that pdf for you. Want to see if I can upgrade mine here. I am being told it is more than just a firmware issue here. Audi dealers are saying the modification cant be done.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is my 5f long coding:
019401020000000053220002041A00102F0002E501700904FE

I have discovered that byte 3 is showing nav region (02 NAR, 01 Europe) and byte 9 region of device (22 NAR and 11 Europe).
But even after changes in long coding I am not able to install europe firmware (0976) or europe maps, I still have area conflict.

Also I have tried to change metainfo2 file in maps and recalculate checksum (it is easy) but then I have signature conflict.

Maybe some ideas how to ignore region or change it or maybe any way to install firmware or maps in swdl mode (I can't understand how to do it)?

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I found this blog have some articles talk about Audi MMI/NAV,maybe it can provide some useful information.
https://www.car-auto-repair.com

Quick Reply: Shipping Audi from US to Europe: issues with MMI/NAV