Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTR

How do you get the Audi UTR to connect to the iPhone. I have the app and it has worked in the Audi workshop but will not connect once the car has left the workshop.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MimiQ3
How do you get the Audi UTR to connect to the iPhone. I have the app and it has worked in the Audi workshop but will not connect once the car has left the workshop.
Now connected but how do you read the uSD. I can open but it is just a list of files - hundreds of them. Surely there is software that reads these? any ideas?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:14 PM
GJP
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the UTR fitted about 4 hours ago, so please bear this in mind.

1.. the iPhone App Audi UTR seems to be a bit flakey. Like MimiQ3, it worked in the workshop but to get it to work again I had to open the UTR app, go into Settings > Wifi and change the Security to None. WARNING - not recommended. Open iPhone Settings > WiFi choose Audi UTR. The red wifi light on the UTR should come on and you're in. Change the Settings in the UTR app to WPA2_PSK and choose a suitable password (minimum 10 characters, I think). Click apply and then close and stop the app. Go back to your iPhone settings > WiFi and choose the UTR network from the list. When prompted, enter the password you previously entered into the UTR app. Hopefully, the red wifi light on the UTP unit will come on again. BTW - all this was done in the car with the ignition on. You should then be able to change the camera settings (like quietening the irritating voice) access videos etc.

2.. the iPhone app doesn't change from front to back live camera as quickly as the advertising video shows.

3.. when I tried to reconnect after switching off the ignition and then on again, I had to go to iPhone settings and re-select the UTR wifi but no need to re-enter the password.

That's the best I can do I'm afraid. Now some questions. Would activating the car's onboard eSIM (which will turn the car into a wireless hotspot) be of any benefit? What's the point of this app if you can't use it while driving and can only use it if the ignition is on (which presumably means you're sitting in the car)? What's the largest micro SD car that can be installed - 64Gb?
Old 05-08-2023, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default UTR 2 - Does this thing even work???

Hi all,

So I am now at the stage of standing on my head and spitting plug nickels - no joke, I came pretty close to throwing my UTR 2 in the garbage this afternoon.

My car is a 2021 Q3 and the UTR 2 (Front and Back) was ordered and installed through the dealership.

I have followed all the steps to set up the UTR 2, but it simply WILL NOT connect - no WiFi light, nothing. The tech at Audi can connect and get the WiFi light on using his iPhone, but both mine and my father's will not under any circumstances, make the stupid light turn on or connect.

Can anyone provide insight if they have run in to this, and how they corrected it?
Old 08-14-2023, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2021Q3Kicker
Hi all,

So I am now at the stage of standing on my head and spitting plug nickels - no joke, I came pretty close to throwing my UTR 2 in the garbage this afternoon.

My car is a 2021 Q3 and the UTR 2 (Front and Back) was ordered and installed through the dealership.

I have followed all the steps to set up the UTR 2, but it simply WILL NOT connect - no WiFi light, nothing. The tech at Audi can connect and get the WiFi light on using his iPhone, but both mine and my father's will not under any circumstances, make the stupid light turn on or connect.

Can anyone provide insight if they have run in to this, and how they corrected it?
Hey! I'm planning to buy UTR 2 for A4. Do you think this is a good buy? Btw I'm curious how much did Dealship quote you to get the device installed