Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the features of the stock (non-MMI) A4 radio?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the features of the stock (non-MMI) A4 radio?

I'm shopping for a new A4, and I'd like to save some money on things for which I have no need. To wit, if I ordered a premium-trim A4, without the Audi MMI Navigation package, what are the features of the radio I would be getting compared to an A4 with the MMI Nav (non-plus)?

As far as I can tell from Audi website (which is not all that forthcoming with information) I would not have, of course, navigation, DVD, and voice control.
AMI *seems* to be stock. But there seem to be several versions of this as well, 2G, 3G, 3G+, which effect the AMI accessory wires that are supported.

What I'd really like to be able to do, when it comes down to it, would be to get the non-MMI radio, use an iPod-bluetooth(or some other) AMI adapter/cable for audio streaming. In addition, I would like to get a backup (rearview) camera kit retrofitted in the car as well. Kufatec makes one, but again it's unclear to me if this is possible since their kits are specifically tailored for MMI 2G, or MMI 3G. But it seems to me that it should be possible to use some kit (if not theirs) with the base-model display which accompanies an non-MMI Infotainment system.

I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 11-19-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn.... crickets. I too was hoping for info.