Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

"meguiars is gonna wash that wax right off-a your car" ... PH tests on popular carwashes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So do I...my wax holds up well to P21S
Old 07-15-2005, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I read on Properautocare.com that P21S Shampoo has pH of 8, Megs 9
Old 07-16-2005, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default awesome... PH of 7 is perfect. Ill have to try that stuff when my Z-7 starts to get low.. I just ...

ordered 2 more bottles tho. but i think its a good idea to support our sponsor, so ill be getting some of the wash you mentioned. since i wash my car so mush, im sure it wont go to waste! I guess ill give my meguiars to my neigbors who dont give a crap about their cars finish that much anyway. Man, i knew something wasnt right, when i could feel how my polish was breaking down after only a couple washes. Since Ive last polished my car, (3 coats), ive stopped using Meguiars and, Ive washed my car a few times and its rained heavy a few times, and the polish is still as slick as the day i put it on. this was not the case when i was using the Meg' wash. i could feel how it was losing its slickness with each wash.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:56 AM

Default a basic car wash will not always balance out acidic water , or vica versa

let say your water is acidic Ph 6.5 and your car wash is ph 7.5 this won't balance out too well since you are mixing about a capfull of wash with a gallon of water. The overall solution will still be acidic. The flip side of this is that an alkaline wash Ph 7+ mixed with a few gallons of neutral water (ph7) will not raise the basic tendency of the solution to any great degree. Remember how much solution you needed in college chemistry to do a full titration
Old 07-18-2005, 04:59 AM

Default More impotant then Ph of car wash > water supply pH

Great information, I donâ€<sup>TM</sup>t think many people realize that the most important pH is the wash water itself as you are only adding an oz or so of car wash concentrate, which will do almost nothing to balance it out. The ideal pH value then is 7.0, and then itâ€<sup>TM</sup>s a case of adjusting the source (hose) water.

Quote: (for example, if solution A has a PH of 7, and solution B has a PH of 8, solution B is 100x more alkaline than solution A) EOQ
Shouldnâ€<sup>TM</sup>t this be 10X not 100X?

A scale of measurement of the relationship between hydrogen and hydroxyl ions, to determine if the material is neutral, basic (alkaline) or acidic (reactive), if there are more hydrogen than hydroxyl ions you have an acid the reverse will give you an alkali (another way to say basic) A substance that is neither acidic nor basic is neutral, pure water has a neutral pH of 7.0 Each whole pH value below 7 is ten times more acidic than the next higher value. For example, a pH of 4 is ten times more acidic than a pH of 5 and 100 times (10 times 10) more acidic than a pH of 6.

The same holds true for pH values above 7, each of which is ten times more alkaline than the next lower whole value. For example, a pH of 10 is ten times more alkaline than a pH of 9.