Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

anyone else think griot's glass polishes suck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone else think griot's glass polishes suck?

i have yet to have them effectively remove a damned thing from my glass. not having learned from past experiences, i tried them again to remove some water spots from my glass and they again did absolutely nothing. on the other hand, <a href="http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/products.htm"> bar keeper's friend</a> (amazingly) was able to make short work of them -- at a third of the cost and without any pretense.

i'm really starting to hate griot's products. it's hard to think of one that i'm really satisfied with.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I too am beginning to agree and have not had any luck with the glass series

either, my friend. In the last year alone I have returned over $600 worth of gear and chemicals due to lack of satisfaction based on poor performance.

To their credit, they never bat an eyelash when I return used equipment that fell short on performance and half full bottles of chemicals that did nothing...so I am impressed with the service.

But at the end of the day it doesn't make up for ****-poor products that have wasted my time. Cost is not a real issue when the product performs as advertised and expected; for a "Premiere" catalog place they are really falling short in my book.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Elder Member

Default wow, didn't realize i could return those half-used bottles. might not be a bad plan

the speed shine is the only product of theirs i use regularly -- but that's just because i haven't gotten around to ordering a spare bottle of adam's quick detailer.

here's my list of griots products to avoid:

claybar (just awful to work with)
glass polish (never seems to do anything; bottle itself is cumbersome at best)
undercarriage cleaner (doesn't last at all, and no matter how careful i am, the spray gets onto other panels)
glove+mitt combo (seems like a good idea, but the water still finds its way in -- and can't escape.)

i'm sure there are others that i've forgotten about.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I tried out this little gem combo from Detailer's Paradise this weekend...

And am extremely happy with the results. The Prima Clarity glass cleaner and glass cleaner microfiber towel removed some water spots from the sideview mirrors on my AR and left the windows on my AR and A6 crystal clear. With everything else I used I would always get streaks. This is the best combo I found by far to date:<ul><li><a href="http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?Id=6012302005444062-691513519669">http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?Id=6012302005444062-691513519669</a</li></ul>
Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Elder Member

sure, clarity is good stuff. but it's not designed to be a polish.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Default I have always had great results with both 1z and Autoglym

glass polishes.

They are both easy to work with and get the job done.

I use either with the PC and a white pad. I did a handful of widshields at a GTG last year and everyone was pleased and this wasnt an easy group to please.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I have found Speed Shine to be quite streaky when compared to others -

Adam's included. The Adam's is a very different product when placed side by side with Speed Shine. Especially on darker cars like yours, the lack of streaks is immediately evident. Adam's also has more lubricity in my non-structured testing.

Certainly, with sufficient buffing and application expertise most any QD product will be free of streaks. I'm merely speaking of a wipe on/wipe off comparison. Even that aside, I am happier with the Adam's QD over Griot's SS.

And yes -- regardless of age or usage, Griot's has never questioned my returned items. I have always called first, but they have never required an RMA or anything else when sending back items. I bought their DA polisher and pads almost 2 years ago and was less than impressed. Once I tried the PC and Edge pads, I knew it was a better product. Griot's had no problems taking theirs back and cut a check for the original amount in return.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Ace Ventura

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their return policy is really excellent no matter how old the stuff is..never any problems..
Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So you can use BK'sF on glass? I use it on stainless, and was afraid of it scratching .
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM

use it with steel wool.

Quick Reply: anyone else think griot's glass polishes suck?