Audi Guard floor mats or WeatherTech Floor Liners ? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Auto Detailing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Audi Guard floor mats or WeatherTech Floor Liners ?

Notices
Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Audi Guard floor mats or WeatherTech Floor Liners ?

Old 01-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi Guard floor mats or WeatherTech Floor Liners ?

I'm getting a 2017 A6 this week. I live in New England so we have a lot of snow and muck in the winter and spring. The car has Audi floor mats. Are they good enough or should I get the WeatherTech's or something else?
Old 03-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi all weather mats are very high quality. I bought some weather techs for my jeep and have been disappointed. They are somewhat thin and pretty stiff plastic.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I purchased Weather Techs for my 2017 A8 this winter. They fit perfectly and provide more carpet coverage than the Audi all-weather mats. I have 3 other vehicles with Weather Techs and have not been disappointed. They all fit like a glove and stand up to years of use.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Iíve been a long time consumer of Weather Tech and have purchased front and rear mats for my last three vehicles. I planned to do the same when I purchased the Audi however the car I purchased came with the Audi Guard mats. Rather than asking the dealer to remove them I decided to keep them - best choice ever. These mats fit amazingly, clean up nicely, and look perfect in the vehicle. They are the first all weather mats Iíve experienced that provide better protection then Weather Tech, fit nicer, and look better. Highly recommend.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

if you're talking about the all-weather Audi floor mats I would definitely go with WeatherTech. The Audi mats' lips are not high enough to contain debris. I started this winter (Ohio) with the Audi Mats and replaced them with WeatherTech floor liners after scrubbing dried road salt off the carpet. Ensure you get the floor liners, not the all-weather WeatherTech mats (all-weather are identical to the Audi mats)...yep, I got the mats by mistake then bought the floor liners.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I drove my 2018 S4 over 5,000 miles and a total of over 5 weeks to go skiing all over the US this winter, more often than not in these kind of conditions with 2-3 people in the car for most of it. I have the full Weathertech package (front, rear, trunk liner) and everything looks brand spanking new underneath them. They clean up real nice with a hose, a shop rag, and a spray bottle of biodegradeable degreaser like Simple Green.

The Audi mats look nice, but they do not have as much side coverage and aren't dished as much so I doubt they would collect as much crap.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

+1. As mentioned in the posts above, the Audi all-weather floormats are nice but their lip is not high enough to contain snow melt or rain water effectively. My '16 S5 had the Audi rubber mats and snow melt or rain water would just spill over the edges and soak the carpet in the process. The extra cost of the WeatherTech floor liners are definitely worth the $$. My weather techs are now in the car all year round. I still have the Audi rubber mats but I only use them in the car if I just washed the Weather Techs and letting them dry up.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lots of great feedback regarding the WeatherTech and snow. Since I moved South we really donít get much snow and what we do get is more of a dusting and no one leaves their home for a week (sort of kiddding). Regardless, when I lived North there were plenty of times that the WeatherTechs saved my carpet from melting snow. I guess it depends on where you live and whatís your style. I love my Audi Guard mats but maybe if I was still living up North that wonít be enough. Good luck regardless what you choose!
Old 04-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rjammo View Post
if you're talking about the all-weather Audi floor mats I would definitely go with WeatherTech. The Audi mats' lips are not high enough to contain debris. I started this winter (Ohio) with the Audi Mats and replaced them with WeatherTech floor liners after scrubbing dried road salt off the carpet. Ensure you get the floor liners, not the all-weather WeatherTech mats (all-weather are identical to the Audi mats)...yep, I got the mats by mistake then bought the floor liners.
I second that. The Audi all weather floor mats came with my car - honestly they look like re-branded PepBoys mats. The Weathertechs' provide better coverage. Two downsides - 1) They are stiff you may emphasis may have to tinker a bit with a heat gun or a hair dryer to make it conform to some of the curves. I had to on my A5SB for the door sill on the driver side. 2) If you drive without shoes it feels hard on your heels.