AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/)
-   -   Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/auto-detailing-discussion-31/autogeek-reputable-have-i-been-taken-2942833/)

RamblingMan 02-11-2018 04:36 PM

Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ?

I researched carpet, leather, trim and glass products. Found Autogeek had them and what looked to be good reviews and instructions. Called for some advice and wound up buying Pinnacle, Wolfgang and McKee's instead of the things I'd thought were best to use from my research. For carpet he recommended 303 Fabric guard. I got the stuff, read the labels and found that all but 303 are products of PBMG which also owns Autogeek. The 303 Fabric guard label says do not use on carpets and use only over 70 degrees F. I told him I wanted it for carpets and that I wanted to apply it now in 40 degree temps.

Between getting me to buy house brands and recommending a product the label says I should not use for my intended purpose I'm feeling like I've been taken.

I did the leather, trim and outside of the windshield. Sure hope this stuff works. Time will tell I guess.

What's your experience with Autogeek and their products?

chicagoA6 02-12-2018 04:18 PM

I've been a long time Autogeek customer, but admittedly I know what I want and just buy it online. Usually waiting for a 20% discount code before doing so.

I didn't even know they made in-house products. I would stick with brands you know. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Griots are all good and reputable.

RamblingMan 02-12-2018 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by chicagoA6 (Post 25109832)
I've been a long time Autogeek customer, but admittedly I know what I want and just buy it online. Usually waiting for a 20% discount code before doing so.

I didn't even know they made in-house products. I would stick with brands you know. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Griots are all good and reputable.

Thanks, good to know Wolfgang and Pinnacle are good.

Wolfgang and Pinnacle are Autogeek brands. Check the label ".... Made for PBMG..." which is Autogeek.

chicagoA6 02-12-2018 05:18 PM

I have to admit I had no idea that Wolfgang and Pinnacle were Autogeek brands. All the more reason I love Griots

Basenco 02-21-2018 06:01 AM

I always order many products from Autogeek. I mainly use Meguair's 105 and 205 and their car wash formua. I have also used Menzerna compounds and polishes. Autogeek is very great to deal with and they deliver very fast!!!

davepjr71 03-20-2018 03:00 AM

Why not call them up and tell them who you talked to and what they told you and what the label says and see how they respond? I've bought stuff from them as well and they have always been good to deal with.

RamblingMan 03-20-2018 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by davepjr71 (Post 25126312)
Why not call them up and tell them who you talked to and what they told you and what the label says and see how they respond? I've bought stuff from them as well and they have always been good to deal with.

I did. Got the same sales guy. He got defensive while I politely explained how I felt and gave him some recommendations. I concluded he's too young to get the message.

davepjr71 03-20-2018 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by RamblingMan (Post 25126313)
I did. Got the same sales guy. He got defensive while I politely explained how I felt and gave him some recommendations. I concluded he's too young to get the message.

When that happens I always ask for their supervisor. Sometimes that adjusts their attitude. Especially for a company that uses us to help promote them.

Psy Wagon 03-20-2018 05:42 AM

Autogeek isn't who you want to deal with if you are looking for advice. How many of their operators actually work on cars professionally?