Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Auto Detailing Discussion
Reload this Page > Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ?
Notices
Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ?

Old 02-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Is Autogeek reputable or have I been taken ?

I researched carpet, leather, trim and glass products. Found Autogeek had them and what looked to be good reviews and instructions. Called for some advice and wound up buying Pinnacle, Wolfgang and McKee's instead of the things I'd thought were best to use from my research. For carpet he recommended 303 Fabric guard. I got the stuff, read the labels and found that all but 303 are products of PBMG which also owns Autogeek. The 303 Fabric guard label says do not use on carpets and use only over 70 degrees F. I told him I wanted it for carpets and that I wanted to apply it now in 40 degree temps.

Between getting me to buy house brands and recommending a product the label says I should not use for my intended purpose I'm feeling like I've been taken.

I did the leather, trim and outside of the windshield. Sure hope this stuff works. Time will tell I guess.

What's your experience with Autogeek and their products?
Old 02-12-2018, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've been a long time Autogeek customer, but admittedly I know what I want and just buy it online. Usually waiting for a 20% discount code before doing so.

I didn't even know they made in-house products. I would stick with brands you know. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Griots are all good and reputable.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6 View Post
I've been a long time Autogeek customer, but admittedly I know what I want and just buy it online. Usually waiting for a 20% discount code before doing so.

I didn't even know they made in-house products. I would stick with brands you know. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Griots are all good and reputable.
Thanks, good to know Wolfgang and Pinnacle are good.

Wolfgang and Pinnacle are Autogeek brands. Check the label ".... Made for PBMG..." which is Autogeek.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have to admit I had no idea that Wolfgang and Pinnacle were Autogeek brands. All the more reason I love Griots